Bo Ryan- awesome coach, class act

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm rooting for Wisconsin but I picked them out of protest to the nation's constant downgrading of the Big Ten. I just watched Wisconsin score about 10 points unanswered in under 1 minute to get back into the game and take the lead. Of course, they have fantastic guards and tremendous shooters.

Nakivil Just threw up a prayer and it went in.

You mean classless!!!

I want Butt Fuc&y to lose but the question is when, The longer they go the harder they fall and the look on the bench is priceless when they lose.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After taking the lead UW gives up 8 straight and is now down by 7.

Hope this helps.

you suck Wisconsin. 2 second from a win. i hate this. go FSU.

Wisconsin win the game. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ohio State out also. so Purdue and Wisconsin and Michigan State are the only teams left from the Big 10.

Ohio State out also. so Purdue and Wisconsin and Michigan State are the only teams left from the Big 10.

Michigan is still in, too. Four of the seven remaining for Big Ten.

The Mighty ACC lost FOUR (Clemson, FSU, Wake Forest, BC). They only have three left. All four ACC teams that lost were the better-seeded teams, too.

Big East has six of seven left, but got three big scares today.

Big 12 has six of six left.

Pac Ten has five of six left.

SEC has one of three left.

This post disgusts me. Bo Ryan is a *****. The Badgers blow and got lucky to draw an undisciplined, overrated FSU team that lost to Northwestern by 15 earlier this year.

As much as I hate all the Big Ten bashing, I can't possibly root for Wisconsin. Doesn't anyone else feel sick after watching them play? They obviously were not the better team and yet that never seems to matter when they play. I'm so tired of watching them win, so tired. Pete, cmon man!

The Gophers lost.
NDSU lost.
Wisconsin wins an upset.
I'm 21 for 32 on my bracket picks so far, and I've already lost an elite eight team (thank you Wake).

Worst. Year. Ever.

is there a trend here???

They obviously were not the better team and yet that never seems to matter when they play.

Do you see how dumb this comment is? Let's say a team consistently wins when they "obviously were not the better team," are they still not the better team?

Say what you want about style, Bo Ryan and Wisconsin know how to win basketball games.

Do you see how dumb this comment is? Let's say a team consistently wins when they "obviously were not the better team," are they still not the better team?

Say what you want about style, Bo Ryan and Wisconsin know how to win basketball games.

except the big ones that REALLY matter. becky still can't get over that final hump despite going to the tourney the last 10 years.

bo ryan had a window when tubby smith, john beilein, and to a lesser extent thad matta and bruce weber weren't as established in the big ten. well, that window is now closed becky. time to regress back to the middle or bottom third of the big ten where you resided for about 50 straight years and belong. :D

Thank you. We all hate Wiscy, but you people sound like bitter morons. The Badgers aren't the luckiest team in NCAA history. They are a proven winning program.

Sorry. Envious. Wish we could have won Thursday and still have another to play. Well done Wisconsin, even though I wasn't really rooting for you either. Gotta give credit where it's due though.

Nope

No No No. I cant stand to watch Wisc bball. Bo is a classic whiner and they cant lose soon enough or big enough to suit me. Any Minnesota kid that goes to Wisconsin should be banned from coming back to MN for life. I hope they lose by 40.

No. Make that 50!

This is, if I recall, the top seed that Wisconsin, under Ryan, has beaten. They've relied on other upsets before this year to help them advance. That said, this was a great win for the Badgers.

In response

1) It's rather ironic that you mention national championships, but reference football. This is a basketball thread and UW has a national championship and the Gophers have none.

2) UW got a lucky draw? They were two seeds lower than Michigan and Minnesota despite being within 2 or 3 in the RPI. Several 10 and 11 seeds had lower RPIs than UW. And they were the best defensive team in the ACC, so I don't know why you'd call them undisciplined.

3) The lack of upsets in the tourney has certainly been UW's albatross, but some of that is related to often being a high seed and 3 of the losses were to 1 seeds. Also worth noting that every talking head in the world was predicting K-State to beat UW last year before they got dismantled.

A lot teams feel that they're better than Wisconsin in defeat for one simple reason: Bo's teams don't have elite athletes. They have skilled, fundamentally strong basketball players. And I may be wrong on this, but a lot of fans base their team on how much more or less athletic they are compared to the competition. Hence, the Badgers are thought of as a team that everybody thinks they should beat, but somehow do not.

The fact is his teams are well coached and play a very disciplined style of game. Most people seem to prefer a more athletic style of play and the national media falls under this blanket as well. However, when the Badgers have run into disciplined and fundamentally strong teams who are also more athletic, they've had troubles. This year will be no different. But its worked in Madison for several years now, so I can understand why Ryan doesn't necessarily want to change.

1) It's rather ironic that you mention national championships, but reference football. This is a basketball thread and UW has a national championship and the Gophers have none.

2) UW got a lucky draw? They were two seeds lower than Michigan and Minnesota despite being within 2 or 3 in the RPI. Several 10 and 11 seeds had lower RPIs than UW. And they were the best defensive team in the ACC, so I don't know why you'd call them undisciplined.

3) The lack of upsets in the tourney has certainly been UW's albatross, but some of that is related to often being a high seed and 3 of the losses were to 1 seeds. Also worth noting that every talking head in the world was predicting K-State to beat UW last year before they got dismantled.

1) that was stupid whoever posted that
2) Yes, they did. FSU blows, they were the "best defensive team in the ACC" which means nothing in that conference, just because of their tremendous length, they defend the ball poorly. They are undisciplined offensively and rely on 1 player. You wanna talk lucky, how about Bohannon's 3 point shot, some average white player had no chance to get a shot off dribbles around and luckily flips it to bohannon for the shot, he got completely bailed out. FSU couldn't get a foul called all game. Example: T.D. driving for a layup, getting an arm to the face, crumpling to the ground with no call. Leonard Hamilton yelling, "what do we have to do to get a foul!"

Wisconsin is brutal this year. This is not your typical sconnie club, they are just **** trash AND they are mostly upper classmen. Have fun next year.

FSU

2a) Yes, FSU relies too heavily on 1 player, but that sometimes happens when you have a player the quality of Douglas.

2b) They turn the ball over a lot, but only a tiny bit more than the Gophers. Would you call a Tubby team undisciplined?

2c) Why is it lucky when a guy hits his 4th three of the game? THat makes no sense.

2d) Blaming the officials is just ridiculous. UW and FSU were both called for the same number of fouls and FSU made more free throws than UW took. Also, the refs completely bailed out Douglas when he tripped by calling a phantom call on Hughes.

2e) You're right, this is not a typical UW club considering the last 2 UW clubs won 30 games and every other year UW has a single-digit seed. But this team has a tournament win, which only 32 teams in America can say. Landry and Krabbenhoft will be missed, but the scholarship balance that UW always has means that there will be 2 other seniors ready to lead the team. Remember what happened with Kammron Taylor and Alando Tucker left? Another 30 win season.

2) Yes, they did. FSU blows, they were the "best defensive team in the ACC" which means nothing in that conference, just because of their tremendous length, they defend the ball poorly. They are undisciplined offensively and rely on 1 player. You wanna talk lucky, how about Bohannon's 3 point shot, some average white player had no chance to get a shot off dribbles around and luckily flips it to bohannon for the shot, he got completely bailed out. FSU couldn't get a foul called all game. Example: T.D. driving for a layup, getting an arm to the face, crumpling to the ground with no call. Leonard Hamilton yelling, "what do we have to do to get a foul!"

Wisconsin is brutal this year. This is not your typical sconnie club, they are just **** trash AND they are mostly upper classmen. Have fun next year.

There's not doubt Wisconsin has learned how to win games over the years, but this year, they had an uncanny knack for actually blowing leads in the final two minutes of games. I think Bo's boys did that 6 or 7 times this season (twice against us).

Top Bottom