So long and thanks for all the 'Lukefish'

Longhorn in Austin

Reaction score
Now you guys see why us Texas fans are so bewildered by our team this year. During the first 8-10 mintues I thought for sure the lousy version of our team had shown up. You have to understand, there were games this season where that version of the team played all 40 minutes.

Then they turned things around and you guys got to see the great version of our team. Explosiveness, defensive tenacity, scoring ability, power... we had it all. If we play like that for 40 minutes, we can hang with almost any team in the country.

Anywho... best of luck next year. Sounds like y'all have a great class coming in... and hopefully Tubby sticks around. We lose AJ next year which is big, but if Pittman and James stick around, expect Texas to make it to the Final Four next year. We'll have the best front court in the country and we'll hopefully build on our back court from this year.

And you saw our lack of perimeter defense and long stretches of not scoring! Good luck against Duke.

You better off spelling it right than eating it.

Beat the Dukeis!

Now you guys see why us Texas fans are so bewildered by our team this year. During the first 8-10 mintues I thought for sure the lousy version of our team had shown up. You have to understand, there were games this season where that version of the team played all 40 minutes.

Then they turned things around and you guys got to see the great version of our team. Explosiveness, defensive tenacity, scoring ability, power... we had it all. If we play like that for 40 minutes, we can hang with almost any team in the country.

Anywho... best of luck next year. Sounds like y'all have a great class coming in... and hopefully Tubby sticks around. We lose AJ next year which is big, but if Pittman and James stick around, expect Texas to make it to the Final Four next year. We'll have the best front court in the country and we'll hopefully build on our back court from this year.

Call me crazy, but I would think you found the game anything but bewildering!!!:p

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. And stay away from lutefisk at all costs!!!!;)

i'm not sure why you are posting this in the football board.:confused:

Longhorn -- still waiting for your address so I can send off the Lutefisk. I've got it sitting out in the garage waiting to be loaded into the car and sent off via USPS. Don't worry ... lack of refrigeration actually enhances the flavor.

BTW, it's also recommended you lay in plenty of aquavit (vodka will do if you can't locate any). You don't have to buy the most expensive brand to bring out the taste of the Lutefisk.

If you'd like, for a slight additional charge I can throw in some lefse. Just butter and sugar it.

Disclaimer: My heritage is not Norwegian but German-Irish. I am married to a 100% Norwegian whose maiden name is unpronounceable by most mere mortals. No Swedes were injured or hurt by the writing of this post and my wife assures me that once I used a multl-syllable word that 99.9% of the Swedes quit reading it and the remaining .1% are probably actually Norwegian.

BTW, it's also recommended you lay in plenty of aquavit (vodka will do if you can't locate any). You don't have to buy the most expensive brand to bring out the taste of the Lutefisk.

Longhorn,

Although I have the greatest respect and admiration for MNSnowman, I must warn you that you are being slowplayed here. It is only because I am a Longhorn FB fan, and really like the people of Austin, that I feel obligated to forewarn you.

Vodka is not used to enhance the flavor of lutefisk, but to overwhelm the tastebuds while eating it. And frankly, even the cheapest of vodka is barely up to the task.

Honestly, there is no reason for this,
313752852_d156862b8a.jpg

when this

amarillo_dyers_bbq.jpg

is available.

SnowMan: You told the Texas people:

"I can throw in some lefse. Just butter and sugar it."

I am thoroughly disappointed in your lefse menu. I am from Little Norway area of SouthEast MN. Never ruin good lefse with sugar. Here is what I learned as a pup.....

Lay out a full sheet of lefse.
Butter it well.
Spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes.
Mash 3 or 4 norwegian meatballs and spread evenly.
Slap on a small covering of meatball gravy.
Roll it up, and eat it a bite at a time with a touch of cranberry jelly and add a SMALL amount of buttered lutefisk.

Swallow it all, and then chase it with:

A GULP of aquavite.

Welcome to the big time, SnowMan.

Top Bottom