Who will play next year??

Juicer

Reaction score
Seems like there is an over-abundance of players next year. Even under the assumption that Tubby will continue with a 10+ man rotation, there is still too many bodies to get real minutes.

Below is the list of guys that could legitimately figure into the rotation based on what we know today.

Point - Nolen, Joseph, Cobbs
Shooting G - Westbrook, Hoff, Bostick
Small F - Johnson, Carter, White, Williams
Power F - Mbakwe, Busch
Center - Sampson, Iverson

That is 12 guys. Who are the odd kids out?

Bostick and Busch seeing cuts in PT would cut that list down to 12, Williams potential redshirt? to 11, then maybe Hoff sees some cut to get it to 10? Actually, I would guess Cobbs would have to earn his spot ahead of Hoff.

One name left off of the original list is Bryant Allen. I know for sure that at least one of the true frosh pg's (Cobbs and Allen) will not get minutes. Not sure which one, but I'm sure Tubby will do a better job than myself.

If Devoe doesn't improve, I think he may not play as much.

Hoff and Busch each see their playign time decrease by a large margin.

I'm really not sure how much PT Rodney Williams gets, but I hear he can be pretty mean defensively. Tubby would reward that.

Lastly, I think Iverson or Sampson (one of the two) loses PT due to Mbakwe's presence. He'll play forward because we need to have either DJ or PC on the floor at all times.

i think hoff and busch's minutes get cut, Devoe should start at the point if Nolan cant improve the flow of the offense.

1. [pg]joseph
    [sg]westbrook( if he commits to attack the basket and make plays like last night)
    [sf]damien(love his much improved shooting)
    [pf]trevor
    [c]ralph
    [6th]nolan
    [7th]royce(could spell damien or trevor
  2. bostick(could be a spark off the bench)
  3. paul
  4. colton
  5. justin cobb
  6. rodney
I wouldnt expect any of the frshmen except for royce to unseed the top 10 players due to their experience and the chip they will have on their shoulders

Devoe

I am of the opinion that he will make a significant improvement next year. He is good with the ball, good in transition, good defensively, and can shoot.

Top Bottom