Drew Crawford out

I hate to see an injury to any college player. We, as Gopher Fans, have seen our share. So let's take advantage of whatever and just Win.

Put a fork in them...they're done without Crawford. Yet another year where NU misses the NCAAs.

This is actually good fortune for NU. Their 2nd best player, Jershon Cobb, was suspended for the year(?academics) but is in school, attending games and coming back. NU is already saying Crawford will get a medical redshirt. NU has a lot of inexperienced players who will now get a lot of playing time. They lose Hearn and Louisville transfer Swopshire who are good but not great players. In short NU will be a better team next year than they could have been this year

Tweet from Trevor: "Just heard the bad news about @TheRealDrewski1 being done for the season. Your in my prayers bro hoping for a speedy recovery."

Go Gophers!!

B1G might end up being pretty top heavy. Shame to hear about Drew. One of these years Northwestern has to get in right?!

This is actually good fortune for NU. Their 2nd best player, Jershon Cobb, was suspended for the year(?academics) but is in school, attending games and coming back. NU is already saying Crawford will get a medical redshirt. NU has a lot of inexperienced players who will now get a lot of playing time. They lose Hearn and Louisville transfer Swopshire who are good but not great players. In short NU will be a better team next year than they could have been this year

How many times over the last 8 years has it been, "next year" for these guys...need to break through. Usually BB is easier than FB for top academic schools because they need fewer players...but for some reason NU just hasn't had success.

How many times over the last 8 years has it been, "next year" for these guys...need to break through. Usually BB is easier than FB for top academic schools because they need fewer players...but for some reason NU just hasn't had success.
It is a bit of the Cub thing I agree. But once Cobb was gone there was little hope for NU this year due in part to the strength of the B1G.

Top Bottom