Do we pass Missouri in next poll?

Do we pass Missouri in the next AP poll?

• Ach Ya

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Nish Nish

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score

We played and beat a team we should have beaten.
They didn't play.

I say yes.

Originally, I thought we needed to beat NDSU by 25 or more for it to look impressive.

However, I now think that the following factors will get us more votes than last week (in ascending order of importance):
- While we didn't win huge, it's a win
- Rodney and Trevor's biggest games of the year. I feel this was a breakout game for Trevor. If reporters look at their stat lines, they'll go, "Hmmm"
- Getting 2 of the top 3 plays on ESPN Tuesday evening. Seriously. You might think, "So what". But you know what getting Rodney and Trevor all over ESPN on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning does? It calls attention to the program. It makes people see that Trevor is not simply below the rim and sad. It makes people see that Rodney's "safe makeable dunk" is a dunk that most of the players in the country cannot even attempt. That means something. That's brand recognition. That gets votes.

Yes Gophers should be top 10. You are just as solid as #1 Indiana vs ndsu.

I think we stay at 13 for a week and then possibly jump up on our inactive week when Illinois plays Missouri.

I said no. I don't think 1-0 with a win against North Dakota State is enough to bump us past Missouri. We will very likely jump Missouri if they lose to Illinois, and might jump Illinois if they lose to Missouri.

NDSU was rated #25 in the poll of teams that nobody cares about...that has to mean something right?

I wanted to vote. I brought I.D. and found the poll closed. I do like what you said "brand recognition". That's a good phrase. Brand recognition helps the program.
Do more polls.

I say no. We are pretty much were we should be in the AP and the 25 and one polls, so I don't see movement in those until stuff starts happening. (losses by teams ahead of us).

Still think we will see some movement in the coaches poll as they catch up.

My prediction of 9 by Christmas needs a little help.

The real question is whether NDSU will drop out of the Mid-Major poll!

I can hardly wait until Monday at noon to find out. Is that when they release that poll? Do they bother scheduling a time for release? Is it even a real thing or are we just taking NDSU's word for it?

If NDSU is the barometer of where we are ranked? We is screwed. According to ndsugopher, Indiana is 15 points better than us. This is based on the Transitive Property of Basketball.

The real question is whether NDSU will drop out of the Mid-Major poll!

I know! The anticpation is killing me! I will be continually refreshing 'collegebasketballinsider.com' to find out the results! It is the BEST website for your mid-major Top 25 rankings!! Hopefully they AT LEAST garner some votes if they drop out of the Top 25! One can only imagine how this will effect them on selection sunday! Ugh. I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

Man, ndsugopherfan, it could be time to get a new account. I feel for ya, but these comments you make...it seems like you are either trolling or just clueless. You need to stop hyping up NDSU's bball program, and definitely stop using them as a benchmark to compare the greatness of teams. By your benchmark, Green Bay is a better team than Minnesota. Do you think that's true? Are they a top 10 team as well?

We played and beat a team we should have beaten.
They didn't play.

Close the gap? Yes. Pass them? No. I think it's more likely Gonzaga passes Minnesota than Minnesota passes Missouri.

Man, ndsugopherfan, it could be time to get a new account. I feel for ya, but these comments you make...it seems like you are either trolling or just clueless. You need to stop hyping up NDSU's bball program, and definitely stop using them as a benchmark to compare the greatness of teams. By your benchmark, Green Bay is a better team than Minnesota. Do you think that's true? Are they a top 10 team as well?

I'm pretty sure it's both.

I did see that NDSU is still ranked #1 in the NDCBP (North Dakota College Basketball Poll) so that has to be good for the Gophers.

I'm pretty sure it's both.

I did see that NDSU is still ranked #1 in the NDCBP (North Dakota College Basketball Poll) so that has to be good for the Gophers.

I actually think NDSU drops in the NDCBP this week. Here is my reasoning:

1. The Gophers beat SDSU by 24.
2. SDSU beat UND by 1.
3. The Gophers only beat NDSU by 13.
4. Therefore, NDSU would lose to UND by 10.
5. Thus making NDSU the second best team in North Dakota.

Sucks to suck. UND is the real power in that state.

2. SDSU beat UND by 1.

Don't forget about Mayville St. They just beat Oglala Lakota College by 20.

I think the Gophers could pass Louisville who must play @ Memphis on Saturday. A 2nd loss for Louisville, might drop them to 12 with Minnesota up to 11th, past LV and Arizona.

2. SDSU beat UND by 1.

HAHAHAHA! +1.

I think my logic may have been flawed in that comparison now that I think about it again. Point still stands. UND > NDSU

2. SDSU beat UND by 1.

Reminds me of how Iowa was one play away from losing to Norther Iowa. That, paired with the ISU loss would have made Iowa the third best football team in Iowa.

I think my logic may have been flawed in that comparison now that I think about it again. Point still stands. UND > NDSU

Well, given that ndsu beat und by 20 4 days ago...no worries though - still pretty solid.

Top Bottom