MSR: Walter Bond credits Clem Haskins with making men of boys

A complementary article: Motivational speaker transfers NBA skills to the business world

“I want you to reach your potential,” said Bond as the November 20 featured speaker at the North Community YMCA Business Speaker Series. He played basketball at the University of Minnesota in the 1990s and later became the first rookie free agent to start for the Dallas Mavericks. “Confidence is a skill level — I think everyone in the room can be confident.”

He told the audience that one of business’ best kept secret is “the likeability factor”: “While some people brighten the room when they come in, [others] brighten up the room when they leave. Do you brighten up the room when you enter or leave? I would never hire a person who is not likeable…

“You’re either a tough decision or a no-brainer in business,” continued Bond, who proudly told the audience that because of his current 40-day speaking schedule, he’s a no-brainer.

http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/2...transfers-nba-skills-to-the-business-world-2/

Go Gophers!!

Well he did make "men" out of boys. When the Gophers played in the Maui Classic the year Voshon
Lenard was a freshman I went out to watch them play because it was a great field. Nolan Richards had that great Arkansas team in the Tourney Anyway, I was staying at the University Raddisson ( now The Commons) the night before the flight. The team was also staying in the hotel. I was on the elevator heading to my room at about midnight. When the door opened on what ever floor I was on there was Towsand Orr with a " Lady of the Night" " I said ( being a tad looped) TO!! How ya doin buddy"!! I could see he was pretty embarrassed so I said: " Don't worry TO, it is the oath of allegiance "......He said: "Thanks man"

Walter Bond posts over at GopherIllustrated & is an absolute racist, troll. He starts inflammatory, racially charged threads over & over & over. Anyone who posts there knows him as 'Highway55' & he's 100% convinced that the fans, coaches & admin at the U are all racists for not acknowledging the amazing passing of M. Gray. He insists the reason people said he isn't a great "passer" is because "Us old white people aren't able to handle the idea of a black guy playing QB", never mind we've had 7 black starting QB's at the U, with Tony Dungy & Rickey Foggie being among the most popular Gophers of all time. :rolleyes:

His most recent racial trolling is why Max Shortell didn't get the same treatment from fans for transferring as Devoe Joseph? Psssst...Walter, Shortell alerted the staff that he would be transferring because Kill had said if he burned Nelson's red-shirt as a Freshman that Nelson would be the starter the rest of the way, so Max saw the writing on the wall when it came off. He didn't Shanghai the team mid-season. He transferred at the end of the semester, thus opening up a scholarship for next season while there's still time for our recruiters. Devoe....quit mid-season because he wasn't allowed to smoke pot & skip class.

Overall, If you took a poll of the "Least valuable poster" at GopherIllustrated I think Bond would win in landslide.

Top Bottom