1500 is loving on the Gophers right now.

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
I'm the first to criticize the talk show hosts for the excessive criticism the football team gets, but it's nice to see them appreciate what the basketball team is doing in. Judd is spending two segments on the Gopher basketball team talking about Rodney & Trevor and how they believe that Rodney will be successful in the NBA and Trevor could have a nice career as well. It's actually fun to listen to.

Funny what an 11-1 record will do along with high flying RW making the highlights.

Didn't see Sports Center last night. Did Rodney's dunk make the top 10 plays (maybe even Trevor's, too)?

Yes. Trevor's putback was #3. Rodney's ass landing was #1.

They showed Rodney's 3x.

I'm loving this press they are getting.

We were joking that Rodney's putting together a video resume for the pro scouts. You can check the no-look pass off the list now. Next: something behind the back.

I'm waiting for Rodney to get the ball in the post right under the hoop and dunk the ball backwards (right over whoever is behind him). I remember seeing a highlight of Dr J doing that in the old ABA.

I wonder if anyone has been keeping track of Rodney's appearances on the top 10. Would be interesting to see the totals after four years. I remember seeing quite a few even during his freshman season...

Yes. Trevor's putback was #3. Rodney's ass landing was #1.

They showed Rodney's 3x.

I'm loving this press they are getting.

bruce, the 360 dunk was a 9.9 on the 10 scale, the landing on his ass was a 10 on a 9.9 scale. ILMAO, just because he did not get hurt.

I virtually never listen to 1500 (mainly because of their hosts being reprehensibly negative on the Gophers), so this is encouraging to hear. Of course, if the Gophs find a way to start out Big 10 play 1 - 3, the bitching will probably start up again.

Next week will be Dubay with Judd on the 9-Noon. We all know Dubay is very pro-Gophers. So that should help. Hopefully they are impressed with him so he stays on full time as a co-host.

Is Dubay starting to get back into radio, other than coming on programs to talk about how recovered he is?

Is Dubay starting to get back into radio, other than coming on programs to talk about how recovered he is?

I think "trying to get back into radio" is more accurate than "starting to get back into radio." This appears to be a tryout for the long term gig. It seems pretty clear that he wants it to work out.

Top Bottom