Minnesota Defenseman Thompson to Transfer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS – University of Minnesota men’s hockey coach Don Lucia announced today that sophomore defenseman Blake Thompson will transfer at the end of the current semester.

“While I’m disappointed in Blake’s decision to transfer, I respect his choice and appreciate his contributions to the program over the last two years,” Lucia said. “Our team and our staff wish him the best as he moves forward.”

-Pride on Ice-

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/121112aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

can't say I'm shocked, he's the only D who hasn't suited up and only one graduates off the blueline this year

Agreed. There is not likely a lot of room for him in the lineup any time soon. The limited action we saw last year reminded me of a freshman Helgeson (some poor puck play and some really dumb penalties), but certainly a physical defensive defenseman. It would have been interesting to see if he would have matured and developed like Seth did (who is now one of my favorite defenders). Unfortunately, with Seth's departure at the end of the year, that doesn't leave us with a particularly gritty defensive corps and I think that is an important quality to have back there. Hopefully the Don is shopping for a bruiser in the next recruiting class.

Top Bottom