Minnesota vs USC Highlights

Man, there was some beautiful ball movement in those highlights. I got so frustrated watching the blurry blobs on First Row Sports, it was hard to really pay attention.

I missed the game so I appreciate the highlihts. Looks like our guys are starting to really click on the alley-oops.

Madtown...alley-oops are for highlights only. This is a damn good basketball team we are cheering for. I stress the word TEAM.

Get your tickets to Williams Arena...there is some damned good basketball coming our way.

Madtown...alley-oops are for highlights only. This is a damn good basketball team we are cheering for. I stress the word TEAM.

Get your tickets to Williams Arena...there is some damned good basketball coming our way.

When you have a player as athletic as Rodney, it isn't just a highlight. It's a difficult play to defend. If the defender isn't athletic enough to jump with Rodney (how many players really can?), then it is impossible to defend. Very valuable play. The fact that it is good for highlight reels is merely a bonus, although I think it is beneficial to be able to convert on plays like that as it gets the team and fans hyped up which can help them play better.

When you have a player as athletic as Rodney, it isn't just a highlight. It's a difficult play to defend. If the defender isn't athletic enough to jump with Rodney (how many players really can?), then it is impossible to defend. Very valuable play. The fact that it is good for highlight reels is merely a bonus, although I think it is beneficial to be able to convert on plays like that as it gets the team and fans hyped up which can help them play better.

Rise, there is no doubt that a lob/slam raises adrenaline in the crowd and the team. But it is only a highlight. The overall team work is what will win a game.

Rise, there is no doubt that a lob/slam raises adrenaline in the crowd and the team. But it is only a highlight. The overall team work is what will win a game.

Scoring more points than the other team wins the game. Team work contributes to that as do alley oops and any other play that results in a score.

Only reason I said what I said is that we have had some pretty ugly alley-oop passes so far this year. I'm guessing their timing is getting better as a result of building chemistry through the non conf.

Only reason I said what I said is that we have had some pretty ugly alley-oop passes so far this year. I'm guessing their timing is getting better as a result of building chemistry through the non conf.

All a part of the maturity of a team, and it takes time, repetition, rinse, repeat.

I am curious to see how B1G teams play our high low with Trevor and Rodney on the floor. With both, if you front or even play 3/4 on the bottom guy, all the top man has to do is throw it by the rim. Rodney and Trevor only need the ball in the vicinity of the rim to do anything with it. And as the top player is concerned - as long as they catch it at about the free throw line, I think both can nail that shot so the other team can't sag off to help the bottom defender. Fun basketball ahead with those 2 players feeding off of each other!

I'm guessing they will try to sag help side defenders, but when we catch the ball at the free throw line, that doesn't give the defenders much time to get back to our shooters if the short pass is made to the corner.

Is that Ted Robinson announcing?

Anyone remember when he was the Twins play by play guy (also called the first two rounds of the '97 tourney)?

I am curious to see how B1G teams play our high low with Trevor and Rodney on the floor. With both, if you front or even play 3/4 on the bottom guy, all the top man has to do is throw it by the rim. Rodney and Trevor only need the ball in the vicinity of the rim to do anything with it. And as the top player is concerned - as long as they catch it at about the free throw line, I think both can nail that shot so the other team can't sag off to help the bottom defender. Fun basketball ahead with those 2 players feeding off of each other!

It's very important to have shooters with the high low set so they can't help out. Joe's guy would be the first to help out, as nobody is fearful of him at the 3 point line. I hope to see him continue to improve. He now seems very comfortable with the elbow jumper.

Is that Ted Robinson announcing?

Anyone remember when he was the Twins play by play guy (also called the first two rounds of the '97 tourney)?

Yes, that was Ted Robinson. I always liked him as Twins play-by-play and he and his partner did well in the USC game. They knew the Gophers pretty well.

Yes, that was Ted Robinson. I always liked him as Twins play-by-play and he and his partner did well in the USC game. They knew the Gophers pretty well.

Ted was also the TV voice of the Gophers back in the MSC days before he left the Twins job to do Giants baseball. That's when Bremer took over Twins and Gophers BB on MSC.

I always marveled at Ted's baseball knowledge when he was calling the Twins. I think the dude is a sports junkie.

Top Bottom