Big Mo = zero minutes.

balds

Reaction score
What gives? Injury? Seems a bit odd with the glut of 7 footers they threw at us.

Tubby said he didn't like the matchups???

I'd think he'd play in that game, especially as much as the one 7' was killing us.

I agree that this makes little to no sense. Something was up and I'm hoping it's not injury related.

I was excited to get big Mo back this year, but after watching him a few times, he just seems too slow to be of any use.

USC was trying to run and push the pace. Not a good scenario for Mo.

USC was trying to run and push the pace. Not a good scenario for Mo.

All Mo had to do was guard Oraby. It's not like USC's big guys were flying up and down the court. Tubby is trying to hide something here with a pretty weak excuse for Mo not playing. Last night's game is what Mo was most suited for. We were playing a below average team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 point range. They kept dumping it in to their big guy and Tubby went with a 240 lb, 6' 7" guy to guard him. What could possibly keep him from using Walker who is a solid 300 lbs, 6' 11" kid? There's more to this story or Tubby was sleeping on the bench...one or the other. My guess is that Tubby didn't go to sleep, which means there's a bigger issue here that Tubby isn't revealing.

All Mo had to do was guard Oraby. It's not like USC's big guys were flying up and down the court. Tubby is trying to hide something here with a pretty weak excuse for Mo not playing. Last night's game is what Mo was most suited for. We were playing a below average team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 point range. They kept dumping it in to their big guy and Tubby went with a 240 lb, 6' 7" guy to guard him. What could possibly keep him from using Walker who is a solid 300 lbs, 6' 11" kid? There's more to this story or Tubby was sleeping on the bench...one or the other. My guess is that Tubby didn't go to sleep, which means there's a bigger issue here that Tubby isn't revealing.

What could possibly keep you away from this board?????

Go Gophers

Mo's just too slow and soft to be competitive at the college level.

Then I guess Tubby was a bonehead for offering him a scholarship.

There is something more going on. Tubby just isn't providing us with any information.

tinyarch is a younger version of Wren, seeing conspiracies and hidden truth behind every turn. Overly dramatic is how I refer to his posts. It could be as simple as Tubby did not think he would be effective so had not included Mo in the game plan. Sometimes simple the right answer.

Was USC's 7'2" Cairo dude a wide body or a tower? I had no video. He certainly tore us up inside. Had did EE look attempting to defend him???

Was USC's 7'2" Cairo dude a wide body or a tower? I had no video. He certainly tore us up inside. Had did EE look attempting to defend him???

He was both. Really tall and good sized. He ran the court well and was strong enough to push Trevor around. I thought EE did OK on him. Watched the game twice. EE (or USC's offense) kept Oraby far enough away from the basket in the first half. In the second half, Oraby got good position and he was automatic. Rodney actually did OK the few times he was on Oraby. Did not appear that Oraby can play long stretches, he looked winded and would close his eyes (then they would take him out).

Thanks GIT. To me, Nix of MSU is more of a wide body than a tower and Mo and EE will be needed against him.

He was both. Really tall and good sized. He ran the court well and was strong enough to push Trevor around. I thought EE did OK on him. Watched the game twice. EE (or USC's offense) kept Oraby far enough away from the basket in the first half. In the second half, Oraby got good position and he was automatic. Rodney actually did OK the few times he was on Oraby. Did not appear that Oraby can play long stretches, he looked winded and would close his eyes (then they would take him out).

Which is why Mo was the perfect person to guard him...

Mo is still......

Limping around. It was noticeable vs. SDKT.

I was actually really impressed with Oraby. He could turn into something pretty nice. Just an all around big dude. It's amazing how small Trevor and Rodney looked next to him.

I agree, there's something more going on here. I don't think anyone can possibly believe Tubby was just sleeping & forgot to play Mo? Credit to Tubby for keeping it internal though. Maybe Mo's grades are slipping? Maybe he got caught smoking weed? Maybe Tubby told him "You're not playing until you get down to 285lbs?". Whatever, we won again & we did it without Mo this time. My bet is he'll be back into the rotation soon. He's just got to get in better shape though.

I was actually really impressed with Oraby. He could turn into something pretty nice. Just an all around big dude. It's amazing how small Trevor and Rodney looked next to him.

How could you NOT be impressed with Oraby? The due was a monster in the 2nd half & we found a way to negate him & win. Watching Trevor & Rodney try to guard him was brutal.

MO has shown almost nothing on defense. He is nowhwere near 6'11", Eliason has an easy 2-3 inches on him. Mo needs to lose at least 25 lbs if he wants meaningful minutes. From what I hear, Trevor should have fronted him and make them throw it over the top.

All Mo had to do was guard Oraby. It's not like USC's big guys were flying up They kept dumping it in to their big guy and Tubby went with a 240 lb, 6' 7" guy to guard him. What could possibly keep him from using Walker who is a solid 300 lbs, 6' 11" kid? QUOTE]

Top Bottom