Trevor

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
My thought - for MN to be a top 3 or 4 seed, finish in the top 4 in the B10, and make a run, Trevor has to get back to his "old" self. I just dont see enough inside game without him for MN to be a major player. I think they are a #6-#8 seed and a #5-#7 B10 team with him as a 24 minute a game player...

Thoughts...???

My thought - for MN to be a top 3 or 4 seed, finish in the top 4 in the B10, and make a run, Trevor has to get back to his "old" self. I just dont see enough inside game without him for MN to be a major player. I think they are a #6-#8 seed and a #5-#7 B10 team with him as a 24 minute a game player...
Thoughts...???

I disagree. He's playing 17 minutes per game right now. If he's playing effectively at 24 minutes per game our expectations should be a little higher than that.

Anything lower than a 5 seed would be disappointing at this point.

See him smash that shot back off the 7'2" center's head? It's really sad to watch him play "below the rim". :)

With the way the offense has run, is there really that much of a difference, besides post passing, between Mbakwe and Ingram?

Somebody's not watching, the big center took Trevor to school. He allowed
"Lurch" to get position for easy lay ins. I would say Trevor is about 75 % at this point.

"Lurch" to get position for easy lay ins. I would say Trevor is about 75 % at this point.

Wow....our 6'7 power forward gave up position to a 7'2 big ass center...shocking. The issue here was EE inability to even slow this guy down. And where was Mo last night?

I don't have expectations for our undersized PF to handle over sized centers...that would be foolish.

Wow....our 6'7 power forward gave up position to a 7'2 big ass center...shocking. The issue here was EE inability to even slow this guy down. And where was Mo last night?

I don't have expectations for our undersized PF to handle over sized centers...that would be foolish.

+1

Did you watch the game? If you did and have played BB you saw the big guy
get easy position under the basket because Trevor was playing behind him. The guy was a 7'2"
stiff who has averaged 12 minutes a game and had a vertical of about 12 inches. If Trevor would've have fronted him he could have shut the guy off. The lob pass wouldn't have worked cause the guy couldn't jump. EE wasn't strong enough or athletic enough to handle him. That Is why Trevor was guarding him. Did you notice later in the game they started to double down on him with weakside help. All I'm saying is a fully healed Trevor would've done a better job on him. In regards to Mo he has looked horrible on low post defense and I would imagine that is why Tubby didn't play him. He was dressed and on the bench.

I'm not suggesting Trevor is 100%. 75-85% sounds about right. I am suggesting that he shows flashes where he absolutely plays above the rim, as in the play I listed where he crushed the ball back off of Araby's head. Trevor's coming back off of major knee surgery. The elapsed time until most players say they're 100% again is 18mos. Trevor's at 12mos. Come March Madness he should be 90-95%? I saw someone posting about Trevor coming back to move into a lottery pick (that post really happened), when in reality Trevor is coming back to the Gophers because he has no other options right now. He has to show pro scouts he can still pay at a high level. He's not 100%, but still not a "below the rim" player as is. That said, when has he been asked to guard 7'2" 270lb+ centers in the past? Araby's showing is more on EE & Mo, than on Trevor imo.

Did you watch the game? If you did and have played BB you saw the big guy
get easy position under the basket because Trevor was playing behind him. The guy was a 7'2"
stiff who has averaged 12 minutes a game and had a vertical of about 12 inches.

Nonsense. This is not serious basketball talk for debate, this is trolling. That guy is a stiff?

Oraby is a 7'2", 270 Jr who is aggressive & can run the court. Calling him "a stiff" is nonsense & anyone who read your post & saw the game knows it. We all know big men develop late & this kid as a Soph at Rice averaged 6pts & 4rbs, shot 64% from the field + set Rice team record for most blocks in a season (all in 11.6 minutes per game!). Then he transferred to UP to USC (a University & city that have a lot more middle easterners), has played well while blending into a new team/coach, had a breakout game against #14 Minnesota & you call him a stiff...really?

Costa Rican....He is not the second coming of Moses Malone. I'd be surprised if he hits double/ doubles on rebounding and points for the season. Rodney did a pretty good job on him, and he's 20 pounds lighter than Trevor.

Costa Rican....He is not the second coming of Moses Malone. I'd be surprised if he hits double/ doubles on rebounding and points for the season. Rodney did a pretty good job on him, and he's 20 pounds lighter than Trevor.

Quite a bit of play between being "a stiff" and being the "second coming of Moses Malone" Rup.

I agree he won't average a double-double, he'd be a lottery pick if he did & I don't think he's that good. Just saying, he didn't look good just because Trevor's knee isn't 100%. He looked good because he's 7'2" 270lbs & we had no one who could guard him.

btw I absolutely did not see Rodney doing a good job on him.

Ok Costa Rican. The second coming of Bob Martin or affectionately known to Gopher fans as Herman Munster. Check the replay again, Rodney did a pretty good job on him.

Top Bottom