big Ten Network Get Act Together

XMan

Reaction score
I am watching the MSU - Loyola game on the Big Ten Network. They just showed how good the Big Ten is this year showing all the teams ranked right now. They had them all right except Minnesota, they listed us as 21st not 14th. Come on BTN get your act together. Not very impressed with the network at all right now.

It would be nice to see a non conference Gopher game on the network once in a while too!

I am watching the MSU - Loyola game on the Big Ten Network. They just showed how good the Big Ten is this year showing all the teams ranked right now. They had them all right except Minnesota, they listed us as 21st not 14th. Come on BTN get your act together. Not very impressed with the network at all right now.

It would be nice to see a non conference Gopher game on the network once in a while too!

No i believe they are correct, I Believe they are using the USA Today Coaches Poll when they say Minnesota is 21.

BTN is about making money. They are clearly making more money by not showing the meaningless games. At least that's my take on it. Also, they were right, we are 21 in the coaches poll.

MN is 21 in coaches poll....what seems to be the problem X?

BTN is about making money. They are clearly making more money by not showing the meaningless games. At least that's my take on it. Also, they were right, we are 21 in the coaches poll.

When the BTN started up, I was worried it would devolve into the Michigan and Ohio State network. Might be my imagination, but early on they seemed to make more of an effort to spread things around. What you're seeing now from the TV network is what you're seeing with expansion - way too far toward an unhealthy obsession with money. Money is supposed to help the league, but ultimately it's resulting in the rot of the league.

Only thing the Big Ten network has done from my perspective is push weeknight Big Ten games from the ideal 7:00pm timeslot to a too-early 6:00pm or a too-late 8:00pm.

I was getting the Big-Ten games just fine before...and I was getting more non-conference games before.

Only thing the Big Ten network has done from my perspective is push weeknight Big Ten games from the ideal 7:00pm timeslot to a too-early 6:00pm or a too-late 8:00pm.

I was getting the Big-Ten games just fine before...and I was getting more non-conference games before.

Let's not forget about Saturday games. As of now there are no Saturday Big Ten games at the Barn. The PSU game is TBD(for a sat or sun).

BTN

It's fashionable to rip the BTN, however this is the price you pay for each school cashing $8,000,000 checks per year. We can bitch and moan all we want but face it, nothing is going to change any time soon.

Why aren't more Gopher non-conference games on TV? It's just not worth it financially when one figures in production costs.

It's fashionable to rip the BTN, however this is the price you pay for each school cashing $8,000,000 checks per year. We can bitch and moan all we want but face it, nothing is going to change any time soon.

Why aren't more Gopher non-conference games on TV? It's just not worth it financially when one figures in production costs.

But the production costs are already paid(yes some have student announcers, and some have remote hosts)......with many of the games replayed on BTN.

But the production costs are already paid(yes some have student announcers, and some have remote hosts)......with many of the games replayed on BTN.

19, I am gonna check with Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls to see if we can get the Gopher games there. It is time for a GopherHole meeting there.

The production costs are NOT covered, no satellite or production truck for "student games" that are replayed.

The production costs are NOT covered, no satellite or production truck for "student games" that are replayed.

Okay, so I missed the production truck.:) That can't be that expensive. Obviously I am not a tv production expert, but why can't they sell the rights to a local station? I would think a local station could defray costs and make some profit by selling advertisements.

Okay, so I missed the production truck.:) That can't be that expensive. Obviously I am not a tv production expert, but why can't they sell the rights to a local station? I would think a local station could defray costs and make some profit by selling advertisements.

I got to take a tour of one of the trucks at a Wild game last year, they aren't cheap ($25,000 - $30,000 per night) but I think the bigger expense is the satellite.

I have to think if there was money to be made, the BTN would farm out the broadcasts. Instead they opt for exclusivity.

I got to take a tour of one of the trucks at a Wild game last year, they aren't cheap ($25,000 - $30,000 per night) but I think the bigger expense is the satellite.

I have to think if there was money to be made, the BTN would farm out the broadcasts. Instead they opt for exclusivity.

How does the BTN get the feed they use to replay the games that are only shown live on the internet? Serious question.

BTN

How does the BTN get the feed they use to replay the games that are only shown live on the internet? Serious question.

I've seen a guy with a laptop sitting behind the basket who controls the on-screen graphics (which is essentially just the scoreboard). Perhaps he encrypts it and sends it on to HQ. Just a guess.

Top Bottom