Michigan

GG07

Reaction score
Michigan looks very beatable this year. Bad defense, not very good at rebounding, and not very skilled bigs. Seems like a very ideal matchup for the Gophers. They are only up 2 against Arkansas at home right now.

when their shots don't fall, they are very average. That's the downside of stacking your guards with no legit big men to pound it inside when your jump shots don't fall.

when their shots don't fall, they are very average. That's the downside of stacking your guards with no legit big men to pound it inside when your jump shots don't fall.

Just what the hell is "very average"? Does that mean the same thing as being "amazingly adequate"? Extra wordage is not needed. :)

But your point is well taken, furry. Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Just what the hell is "very average"? Does that mean the same thing as being "amazingly adequate"? Extra wordage is not needed. :)

But your point is well taken, furry. Live by the 3, die by the 3.

haha that's my bad. Fortunately for Michigan, Arkansas isn't good, so it looks like they'll pull this one out. If Michigan ever goes cold against a good team though, watch out. I can see them dropping a game or two that they should win in the Big Ten because of this. If I was an Arkansas fan, all of their missed layups would drive me nuts.

haha that's my bad. Fortunately for Michigan, Arkansas isn't good, so it looks like they'll pull this one out. If Michigan ever goes cold against a good team though, watch out. I can see them dropping a game or two that they should win in the Big Ten because of this. If I was an Arkansas fan, all of their missed layups would drive me nuts.

I am happy that you caught my sarcasm. Anyway, even if Mich does not go cold against us, our Gophers are gonna give them a run for their money. Tubby has a damned good team coming. Enjoy it. I shall.

I am happy that you caught my sarcasm. Anyway, even if Mich does not go cold against us, our Gophers are gonna give them a run for their money. Tubby has a damned good team coming. Enjoy it. I shall.

Your comment certainly was "very sarcastic."

Michigan looks very beatable this year. Bad defense, not very good at rebounding, and not very skilled bigs. Seems like a very ideal matchup for the Gophers. They are only up 2 against Arkansas at home right now.

Well we certainly gave them a run in the big ten tournament last year. Both teams are even better this year but I think out improvement is greater from where we were last year.

I only saw the last 5 minutes and Michigan looked good in the final stretch.

Your comment certainly was "very sarcastic."

Well stated, XMan. There are a variety of various degrees of sarcasm. How about this.."A very amazingly adequate statement of mediocre sarcasm is tremendously fantastically appreciated to the nth degree"? We could neverendingly into the future and beyond and continue to advance with tremendous trepidation."

BTW, this is my kind of thread. Lots of bull$hit and lots of fun. And there is nothing average about that.

BTW. in the opening post (OP), is reference to "...very beatable." I rest my case.

Either they are beatable or not beatable. There is no "very" to it.

The word "very" is very overused.

BTW. in the opening post (OP), is reference to "...very beatable." I rest my case.

Disagree... being "beatable" refers to a degree of uncertainty ... thus the word "very" can be used to express how certain one is on the beatability of the opponent. This is very confusing ....

Disagree... being "beatable" refers to a degree of uncertainty ... thus the word "very" can be used to express how certain one is on the beatability of the opponent. This is very confusing ....

Very well stated, Winasota.

Well stated, XMan. There are a variety of various degrees of sarcasm. How about this.."A very amazingly adequate statement of mediocre sarcasm is tremendously fantastically appreciated to the nth degree"? We could neverendingly into the future and beyond and continue to advance with tremendous trepidation."

BTW, this is my kind of thread. Lots of bull$hit and lots of fun. And there is nothing average about that.

OK Doc, you must have hit your 10,000 post sometime last night. How did you celebrate?

Michigan barely beat us in the tournament.

I figure since Michigan St. is also in Michigan that this would be the appropriate place for this. Michigan State is struggling at home against Loyola. State is up 37-36 with 15 minutes to play in the second half on BTN.

The only ranked team Michigan has faced was nc state and at home. They don't play another until they play Ohio St. jan 13th and then the gophers on the 17th. They did outrebound an average sec team in Arkansas 39-20. They are shooting 42% from 3, making 8 per game. Freshmen Stauskas is shooting 60% and is making 2.5 per game. They are shooting 51% from the floor as a team. They may have the best set of 3 perimeter players in the country and maybe the best pg. The odds of all 3 3pt shooters being cold in one game are pretty low. Like past years they are weak in the middle. They have added fresh Mcgary in the post to help Morgan on the boards. Interesting note, they only average 4 steals per game?

I hope Trevor is 100% when we play them as we would have the inside advantage and I hope EE is playing well also. I wonder if Coleman would play Hardaway or Stauskas? Hardaway is the better shot creater but Stauskus is a deadly shooter. You cannot help off him and you have to stay mentally focused.

Michigan has the best PG in the conference and maybe the nation in Trey Burke....I love his game and wish Dre had his ability to handle the ball and dish for assists. Burke can create his own shots and get in the paint and finish. He's upp'd his assists from 4 to 7 so far this year. He's the main reason Michigan will be extremely tough to beat.

Michigan has the best PG in the conference and maybe the nation in Trey Burke....I love his game and wish Dre had his ability to handle the ball and dish for assists. Burke can create his own shots and get in the paint and finish. He's upp'd his assists from 4 to 7 so far this year. He's the main reason Michigan will be extremely tough to beat.

You are right. He is as good as they get. We will have to see how we'll Andre does defending him. I assume Austin will mostly defend Hardaway. Michigan is a lot like the Gophers in that they are well balanced and have many players who can put up points on the board.

Austin will probably play Hardaway but i wonder if coleman would be better on him. Because I worry about Coleman concentrating on the dead eye 3 pt shooter Stauskas. Coleman like to sag and go for steals a lot. If he does that we will get killed! They have 6' Burke, then 3.. 6'6" guys, then 6'8" 250 lb post. Maybe coleman on GRIII even, but then Rodney plays someone away from the basket and we need his shotblocking and defense down there?

Austin will probably play Hardaway but i wonder if coleman would be better on him. Because I worry about Coleman concentrating on the dead eye 3 pt shooter Stauskas. Coleman like to sag and go for steals a lot. If he does that we will get killed! They have 6' Burke, then 3.. 6'6" guys, then 6'8" 250 lb post. Maybe coleman on GRIII even, but then Rodney plays someone away from the basket and we need his shotblocking and defense down there?

Joe is not ready to D a stud like Hardaway yet. He needs lots of practice time, including watching tapes of the "to do's" and "not to do's",
then work on those HARD in practice, before he is ready for that kind of an assignment.

coleman

Joe is not ready to D a stud like Hardaway yet. He needs lots of practice time, including watching tapes of the "to do's" and "not to do's",
then work on those HARD in practice, before he is ready for that kind of an assignment.

I just watched Joe getting killed by Braun in a few minute span. He didnt stay close enought through screens and lost him while peeking at the guy with the ball. Then he sagged to far and Braun hit a second 3. I guess they'll play him on whichever of the 3 6'6" guys is having an off night. It seems to be fundamentals and concentration issues more so than any lack of anything physically.

Who would you have him guard? Tough matchup.

If Michigan is smart, they'll run some form of zone or match-up zone against the Gophers and force mid-range jump shots. Michigan's strength is their perimeter game and forcing the Gophers to play the same style would be difficult for us to have success. Like Duke, if we don't catch Michigan on a poor shooting night we'll be looking at a double-digit loss. Michigan's bigs aren't bad and they have a very good freshman class. We'll struggle to matchup with the Wolverines. That, however, does not mean we can't beat them. It just means that I think Michigan has a tremendous team this season.

I think the main reason we don't see more zone against us in our offensive rebounding. Someone said we lead the nation. We might get 25 offensive rebounds against a zone. I know our outside shooting is iffy and streaky but i think our offensive rebounding makes it hard for teams to try it against us.

If Michigan is smart, they'll run some form of zone or match-up zone against the Gophers and force mid-range jump shots. Michigan's strength is their perimeter game and forcing the Gophers to play the same style would be difficult for us to have success. Like Duke, if we don't catch Michigan on a poor shooting night we'll be looking at a double-digit loss. Michigan's bigs aren't bad and they have a very good freshman class. We'll struggle to matchup with the Wolverines. That, however, does not mean we can't beat them. It just means that I think Michigan has a tremendous team this season.

I think saying Duke didn't shoot poorly is quite an understatement. Also our only game against Michigan is at the Barn, whereas Duke was a neutral site, hopefully the place will be packed that night. I like our chances.

Top Bottom