Amelia blog: Mbakwe experiencing some soreness in knee, but Smith not changing role

BleedGopher

Reaction score
“I really haven’t had to push it at this point, which is fine because I don’t want to push it,” Smith said. “I want him to healthy when we get to Big Ten play at the end of the year. He’s coming off a major surgery and he’s guy that plays all out … when he goes in, I expect him to go as hard as he can.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/182466191.html

Go Gophers!!

The good news is, with just three games between now and December 31, he'll have plenty of time to get some rest before MSU. Here's hoping he's back into form by the time the conference slate rolls around.

I noticed in the blog Tubby mentioned they were working on changing Welch's shot. What's up with changing players shots during the season. They are doing the same with Otto. Too lazy to get this stuff taken care of in the off season?

Gophers need 25-30 solid minutues from Trevor to body up with Payne (6'10") and Nix (6'9") of MSU. EE will be challenged to guard those guys. If Payne and Nix can be neutralized, Gophers have a great shot against MSU. So as said above, I hope those anti-inflammatories do the job for Trevor over the next 3 weeks.

I noticed in the blog Tubby mentioned they were working on changing Welch's shot. What's up with changing players shots during the season. They are doing the same with Otto. Too lazy to get this stuff taken care of in the off season?

They get 8 hours a week during the school year (but not during basketball season) with coaches to work on basketball-related stuff, and voluntary summer workouts with the strength and conditioning coach per NCAA rules. So, while it should have been addressed in the offseason, it's not like the coaches get a TON of time with the kids outside of the season.

Too lazy to learn to spell the player's names?

Is this a normal side affect or something to worry about? I feel like 12+ months after injury we shouldn't be having these things crop up, but it could just be a little inflammation is normal.

Gophers need 25-30 solid minutues from Trevor to body up with Payne (6'10") and Nix (6'9") of MSU. EE will be challenged to guard those guys. If Payne and Nix can be neutralized, Gophers have a great shot against MSU. So as said above, I hope those anti-inflammatories do the job for Trevor over the next 3 weeks.

I'm also worried about Dawson...Very athletic and quicker than Nix and Payne. Mbakwe should be able to get them in foul trouble if he's right.

Is this a normal side affect or something to worry about? I feel like 12+ months after injury we shouldn't be having these things crop up, but it could just be a little inflammation is normal.

I don't think he had his surgery to right around new years last year, thus closer to 11 months s/p surgery.

Too lazy to learn to spell the player's names?
If I got payed what Tubby did I guess then I would learn to spell their names. Pointless cheapshot, why wouldn't shooting mechanics be addressed long ago for both these guys. They have been coaching them for more than a few months.

I'm 18 months out and still have soreness after every long distance run I go on. It is still really stiff after I sit down for an extended period of time. When I'm golfing it takes at least 3 or 4 holes for my knee to loosen up to the point I fully trust it on a follow through. When I play basketball it takes me a few times up and down the court before I stop thinking about it. ACL injuries are serious injuries.

Also, he's not 12 months out yet.

If I got payed what Tubby did I guess then I would learn to spell their names. Pointless cheapshot, why wouldn't shooting mechanics be addressed long ago for both these guys. They have been coaching them for more than a few months.

Maybe their shots didn't suck before this year.

Rest him up for the Big Ten and NCAA Tourney.

would you rather them suck for the rest of the year and then fix it in the off season, or make adjustments as seen fit?

I know Dr. Don. I am crazy to argue with these educated fans but I have to say it. Blackhammer, if you really follow Gopher's basketball, you should know that Blake did the same thing in his 3rd year. He had more 3's that year because he changed his shot. Why post anything when you don't know what you are talking about?

Go Gophers

I know Dr. Don. I am crazy to argue with these educated fans but I have to say it. Blackhammer, if you really follow Gopher's basketball, you should know that Blake did the same thing in his 3rd year. He had more 3's that year because he changed his shot. Why post anything when you don't know what you are talking about?

Go Gophers

I think a lot of GHers may be a little apprehensive after a certain assistant tried to change Adam Weber's throwing motion.

Is it too late to get another medical redshirt?

Lets face it. Its pre-ordained. The best player on every sports team must be hurt and out for a period of time.
Wild--too many to mention
Vikings -Adrian
Wolves-Love
Twins -Mauer Morneau
Gopher football Gray
Gopher basketball Mbakwe
It doesnt just hit any player but the top ones. Hate to say it but waiting for the hammer to fall on the basketball team. Yikes I better have a cup of coffee and cheer up a little bit. Slap me silly.

Top Bottom