Seth Davis' Hoops Thoughts (Preacher K)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Some good snippets here. Seth is dead on, especially, about Coach K's "sermon" regarding conference realignment and conference challenges:

"Speaking of Duke, I disagree with Coach K's argument that because of conference realignment, we should do away with events like the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. I understand the disappointment of having your league raided, but the ACC didn't seem to feel too badly when it poached Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame from the Big East. I also understand the challenge of going from a 16-game to an 18-game schedule because your league is adding teams. Still, not only do these made-for-TV challenges produce high-level matchups, they produce big-time games that are played on campus, which is becoming an increasingly rare occurrence this time of year."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/12/06/Hoop-Thoughts/1.html

Duke/NC

Some good snippets here. Seth is dead on, especially, about Coach K's "sermon" regarding conference realignment and conference challenges:

"Speaking of Duke, I disagree with Coach K's argument that because of conference realignment, we should do away with events like the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. I understand the disappointment of having your league raided, but the ACC didn't seem to feel too badly when it poached Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame from the Big East. I also understand the challenge of going from a 16-game to an 18-game schedule because your league is adding teams. Still, not only do these made-for-TV challenges produce high-level matchups, they produce big-time games that are played on campus, which is becoming an increasingly rare occurrence this time of year."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/12/06/Hoop-Thoughts/1.html

My guess is that once North Carolina is in the Big 10 they will be matched up with Duke annually in the Big 10/ACC Challenge.

Top Bottom