Will Northwestern hang on?

Blizzard

Reaction score
Looking a little worse with 4:30 left and they're up by 10. This would be a pretty big road win for them.

B1G > Everyone

Kentucky loses to Baylor and our... 9th best team?? is taking it to Baylor? Wow.

B1G > Everyone

Kentucky loses to Baylor and our... 9th best team?? is taking it to Baylor? Wow.

Well, it's not over yet, Baylor is continually fouling Northwestern, and Northwestern has missed something like their last 6 free throws. Northwestern by 5 with a little over a minute left.

EDIT: Northwestern comes away with the W, made the ending a lot more tense than it needed to be though. They started the game a solid 14-18 on free throws, and must have ended it something like 3-10. Baylor kept fouling and Northwestern kept missing. Seems like a solid road win for the Wildcats and the Big Ten.

That's a wrap. Is there any way we can petition to just substitute the Big Dance for the Big Ten Tournament this year? I mean, nobody else stands a chance. :p

Great road win for Northwestern. awesome. Crawford had a good game. He is a solid player.

NU just dropped two home games to Maryland and UIC. Baylor has laid some eggs early this season too. Both teams are extremely inconsistent, it's tough to pull any real conclusions from this game.

I know Baylor has offered Vaughn and aren't they a team he is considering at this point? If so I hope he missed the Kentucky game a few days ago and caught this one instead.

I have seldom seen such ineptitude and outright fear at the end of the game like NU demonstrated tonite. Seniors Swopshire and Crawford both showed no leadership down the stretch before hitting some FTs at the very end. NU really misses Shurna. I still see them as better than Penn St and Nebraska.

... NU really misses Shurna. ...

I don't! :)

NU is a decent team overall, but one that has no chance to do well in the B1G. NIT-bound if they don't lose too many B1G games. Definitely much better than Frazier-less Penn State, which I think may go winless in the B1G this year.

I don't! :)

NU is a decent team overall, but one that has no chance to do well in the B1G. NIT-bound if they don't lose too many B1G games. Definitely much better than Frazier-less Penn State, which I think may go winless in the B1G this year.

Is this the year we finally get that elusive win in Evanston? We haven't won there since Tubby's first season, when Northwestern went 1-17 in conference. We lost there in overtime in 2009-10. They've had 7 or 8 conference wins each year since then, so they haven't been horrible, but they haven't been great either, and obviously still haven't made the tournament in that span, but it's been so difficult to win there. I think it's very likely we beat them at Welsh-Ryan this season though.

Is this the year we finally get that elusive win in Evanston? We haven't won there since Tubby's first season, when Northwestern went 1-17 in conference. We lost there in overtime in 2009-10. They've had 7 or 8 conference wins each year since then, so they haven't been horrible, but they haven't been great either, and obviously still haven't made the tournament in that span, but it's been so difficult to win there. I think it's very likely we beat them at Welsh-Ryan this season though.

The Gophers have far superior talent to NU. But I can see NU playing a zone defense in Evanston that could frustrate the Gophers if their outside shooters have a bad night. NU still has not had PF transfer Cerina for any length of time and Benilde's Sanjay Lumpkin has had mono and not played much.

Top Bottom