Post SDSU notes from Tubby (on the stache too), Oto, Andre, Austin and Trevor...

GopherLady

Reaction score
As always, live typing on my phone, I miss a lot, but here's the notes:

Oto
On scoring his first 3 this season - I've been working on my shot but I've been missing, been shouting well in practice, and need consistency.

Andre
I came in really focused today, it was a fun time I think

It's just a feel of the game, the flow, if I'm hot, coach tells me to shoot the ball

There are times when I don't need to score like in the 2nd half where my team handled it. Can focus on ball movement.

I can't wait until big 10 play to see all the students. (when asked about The Barnyard Andre-Andre cheer)

I need to start shooting consistently.

It starts with defense, the last game we came out flat.

We got a lot of shots at practice

Austin

All season we've been talking about the depth we have this year.

We missed the post season by inches the past few years, this is a year we don't just want to get there, but go deep.

Andre was just a freshman last year, I think people forget that.

We got a lot of shots up to work on 3's, some guys came before and after practice. It's a matter of getting that confidence up.

Kendal Shell
On scoring more than Rodney: He's our leader and he didn't have that great of a game, so I had to take charge at the end. (he's hilarious)

Trevor
Taking advantage of effectively.

I have to be ready and focused all the time. Need to be an extra spark of the bench

I don't really worry about that (scouts being here)

Tubby Smith

I've got a lot if respect for SDSU, I have a lot of respect for our players and how disciplined they were. Andre got us off to a good start knocking down 3's.

We struggled with 3's last game. Julian has been working hard, and Oto got that one.

We have a lot of depth right now, we don't have much of a drop off. We bring in a guy that could be a pro in Trevor Mbakwe. A good player in Juliqn, Mav, etc.

We got up more shots in practice.

We had 21 assists, Trevor threw one out, when you have a big guy throwing out assists, that's good.

Austin and Andre have a unique style of play, we knew they were talented enough to play here, but they're two of the best young men I've ever coached. They played against each other, and they were both #20 and had Hollins on their back.

USC had a tough loss last night, but r a tough team.

When I asked him about the mustache, and said I got a lot of tweets about it - he asked how many times Donna tweeted me, because she hates it.

I didn't get this all - but he said he had a stache for most of his life. He went on an interview at UNC Greensboro, and right before he went, an assistant told him to shave it off, so he could have that All-American look. When he got there, the guys that greeted him asked where it was...and they all had mustaches!

(A much funnier story when Tubby tells it, I'm guessing if Donna wants it gone...she probably will get her way).

Kendal Shell
On scoring more than Rodney: He's our leader and he didn't have that great of a game, so I had to take charge at the end. (he's hilarious)

That's awesome!

Good stuff GopherLady. The Shell and Tubby 'stache comments were great and not the type of thing that we would have otherwise gotten to read if you hadn't chased after that for us die-hards.

Go Gophers!!

Good stuff GopherLady. The Shell and Tubby 'stache comments were great and not the type of thing that we would have otherwise gotten to read if you hadn't chased after that for us die-hards.

Go Gophers!!

It's weird...not everyone flocks to Kendal Shell like I do ;)

Kendell Shell is currently leading the team in Offensive Rating, Floor Percentage, eFG%, OR%, and A%. He's about as efficient in garbage time as you can be!

Top Bottom