Pac 12 Network

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
I have DirecTV,so I do not get this. Most bars I know of have DTV as well, but I have seen on here that Dish gets it. Anyway, my question is does anyone know of a bar that will for sure have the game on Sat? In the southern suburbs? I figure I might get a quicker answer here than by calling a hundred places.

Word to the wise regarding DISH network. Do not assume that just because your buddy has DISH, they will get Pac12 network. Be sure to check out whether they get channel 413 in advance.
My dad's DISH package, admittedly on the more minimal side, gets ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, BTN and other sports stations, but no Pac12 network. That requires a higher subscription package than he is currently signed up for.

If I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, if you have Comcast and sign up for their Xfinity they stream the Pac12 network like they do ESPN3, BTN, and so on.

If I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, if you have Comcast and sign up for their Xfinity they stream the Pac12 network like they do ESPN3, BTN, and so on.

You have to have a package that includes PAC-12 to get the streaming portion and its not available here in the metro.

You have to have a package that includes PAC-12 to get the streaming portion and its not available here in the metro.

Correct. Can get streams of games on Firstrowsports.
Larry Scott, PAC 12 commish really screwed the network roll out.

True. Actually, I thought I had the package, but do not. Sh!t.

Yep, unless you have Dish Network your options are:

1. Find a bar that has Dish Network
2. Firstrowsports.eu

I've done some looking starting with Nate's post and have had no luck. If anyone finds a bar that will have the game, please post it here!

So... Any news here? My only luck so far is that the Chatterbox has Dish, but of course they don't get the channel. I can't believe someone on this board doesn't know of a place to watch the game Saturday night. Help! I can look for a stream at home but a friend is visiting and it would be easier to meet somewhere.

I just added it to our Dish Network package!

WAG, you're more than welcome to come to my place Saturday night!

Go Gophers!!

That's nice Bleed. If I have to use you like that, I might just do it.

I have enlisted Amelia Rayno's help as well. She responded right away. She doesn't have an answer yet, but hopes to have some info soon. Obviously I'll post it here if and when I hear.

I know you all want to see the Gophers play, but I'm not sure you all understand how much you don't want to see USC play.

USC was actually up by 10 on the Lobos last night at one point early in the game. Gophers can't sleep on USC early, especially on the road.

On paper the Gophers should beat USC, yes, but I agree with GV, the Gophers shouldn't take USC lightly. Yes, 'SC lost to Nebraska, but the Trojans have played a very formidable schedule. They've already played four opponents from BCS conferences (Illinois, Texas, Marquette, Nebraska), not to mention San Diego State (1 loss) and undefeated New Mexico, both currently in the top 25. Struggling or not, USC is accustomed to playing teams with talent similar to the Gophers.

NDSU at home = more of a worry than USC on the road.

Trojans are bad. Still would be nice if the game was widely available in the Twin Cities for Gopher fans though... yeesh.

USC hung in some of its games and did beat Texas.. so its not like they are the worst team we have faced. I expect a good game for a half..and then hopefully a blow out after that.. but that is more a reflection of my praise for Minnesota than anything about USC.

I don't have any stats to back it up but it seems like alot of teams that travel to the west coast struggle to bring their A game. I've heard it mentioned before that the time change can be a factor. I just hope Tubby has his guys focused and ready to take care of business before heading back home for a while.

Champps in New Brighton said they would have the game. Hope so...

Pac 12 Network rocks. Time Warner digital cable with the sports package will carry the game. It will match BTN for Gopher games this year.

Un-freaking believable - after 11 games. The games I will have seen on TV.
Number of Gopher games on BTN = 1
Number of Gopher games on Pac 12 Network = 1

I am tired of watching or listening on my computer.

On a brighter note; the rest of the games are on channels we can get. Next up; vs NDSU on BTN Tuesday.

Buffalo Tap confirmed that they will have the game tomorrow night. South Metro in Savage, off of HWY 13.

DirecTV confirms that they DO NOT have the game!

NDSU at home = more of a worry than USC on the road.

Trojans are bad. Still would be nice if the game was widely available in the Twin Cities for Gopher fans though... yeesh.

You've gotta be kidding me? USC played 2 top 25 teams very tough. What has NDSU done? They got blown out by a bad Green Bay team. Tomorrow nights game will be a tough game at USC. Anyone figure out a bar in the Twin Cities that will carry this game yet?

Buffalo Tap sounds perfect, but who did you talk to? I called and was told they have DirecTV. But the guy did say if I call later and talk to John he sometimes can get other things somehow. Not sure what that means...

Pac 12 Network rocks. Time Warner digital cable with the sports package will carry the game. It will match BTN for Gopher games this year.

Un-freaking believable - after 11 games. The games I will have seen on TV.
Number of Gopher games on BTN = 1
Number of Gopher games on Pac 12 Network = 1

I am tired of watching or listening on my computer.

And Dan Monson games on BTN = 1 (playing OS)

This has got to change!! We saw ALL of the Gopher games when they were on the local UHF channel. How do they expect fans to get excited about a team when we can't even see the games. We should all send emails to the AD to let them know how ridiculous this is.

Buffalo Tap sounds perfect, but who did you talk to? I called and was told they have DirecTV. But the guy did say if I call later and talk to John he sometimes can get other things somehow. Not sure what that means...

I talked to John at Buffalo Tap, and he confirmed they do get channel 693 which is PTNHD. Amelia Rayno tweeted that although that they get that channel, that the Gophers game will not be on. I called DirecTV last night and confirmed as much. Weird and frustrating. Buffalo tap would have been perfect for me too.

Did a little research this morning. If you are a comcast xfinity tv subscriber you should be able to stream game. Also, if you are a dish customer you should be able to stream if you have your account # and receiver id #.

My parents have dish, so I'm going to attempt to set up an online ID on Dish's web-site for them, then log in and stream the game from my lap top. This is ridiculous.

People keep posting saying that Xfinity customers can stream it online. This is true for west coasters that get the Pac 12 Network in their subscription. It's not true for us midwesterners who do not have pac 12 in our tv package. You have to get it on your TV in order to stream it.

Also, with the winter storm rolling in. I'll be surprised if ANYONE gets to see the game tonight on Dish Network. Fortunately, firstrowsports will have a stream so that will have to work for us.

Ranking the TV availability for me YTD (3rd column = BTN + ESPN/2/U). Minnesota is dead last. Interesting Iowa has a lot of games on BTN2Go, probably because the All-Access concept was a disaster for them a year ago. Also, ESPN loves Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.

http://bigtennetwork.stats.com/cbk/teamstats.asp?yr=2012&report=schedule&team=0474

BTN ESPN/2/U TV BTN+ESPN BTN2Go ESPN3 NBC/CBS
IN 5 3 8 3 2 1
MSU 5 3 8 2 4 1
MI 1 6 7 0 4 0
Ill 1 5 6 1 6 0
PU 3 3 6 1 3 0
OSU 3 2 5 1 3 0
WI 1 4 5 0 9 0
NW 2 2 4 1 2 0
PSU 1 3 4 0 3 1
NE 3 1 4 2 1 0
Iowa 2 1 3 4 0 0