THIS DAY IN GOPHER HISTORY- DECEMBER 3, 1968

Nomellini

Reaction score
Minnesota 75 #20 Marquette 73
Bill Fitch gets his first win as head coach as Gophers score upset before just 3,300 at Williams Arena. Minnesota gets 19 points from a Benilde grad who is the son of an NCAA and NBA Hall of Famer. He holds the school record for most rebounds in a game. Can you name him?
A schoolboy legend from New York City scores 17 for Marquette. This guard will go on to be a #1 pick by the Knicks but will be a big disappointment, playing just 6 largely undistinguished seasons before retiring. Can you name him?

I saw this game. Off the bench to play a terrific game, at least defensively, was John Beyer from Luverne.

P.S. these triva questions are too easy ;-) or I'm too frickin' old, one or the other.

I saw this game. Off the bench to play a terrific game, at least defensively, was John Beyer from Luverne.

P.S. these triva questions are too easy ;-) or I'm too frickin' old, one or the other.

Maybe you just have a fabulous memory........................or fantastic search speed.

Did you nail the George Kline one the other day?

Mikan was easy. The other required about 30 seconds of searching

Top Bottom