No TV again for SDSU ???

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
BTN hates us! They have shown 1 gopher game (live) and every Mich st and Indiana game possible. PATHETIC!!!!!

I don't understand why these games can't be shown at least locally. It's like we're back in the 1980's.

BTN hates us! They have shown 1 gopher game (live) and every Mich st and Indiana game possible. PATHETIC!!!!!

How dare a TV network that survives on ratings/revenue focuses on the two most popular teams in the Big Ten. Outrageous! Hopefully Minnesota puts its foot down and does not cash that check. That'll show 'em.

Since the btn is owned 49% by fox sports, why not on FSN barring the wolves not conflicting. Wait don't want to miss the world poker tour... Never mind wolves play sixers. Heck put it on the web, I don't know, people complain about people not showing up, with the lack of tv coverage and for me personally the lack if schedule promotion you never know when they play unless you are a diehard. Been drinking sorry for the rant

How dare a TV network that survives on ratings/revenue focuses on the two most popular teams in the Big Ten. Outrageous! Hopefully Minnesota puts its foot down and does not cash that check. That'll show 'em.

Yes, a TV network which has several subsidary channels still cannot figure it out. If the network survives off of ratings/revenues.... based off your assessment......we should change the name to Ohio State/Michigan/Purdue Network.

I mean....they survive based on the buckeyes and boilermakers. The Big Ten Network and conference as a whole would fold without them.

Yes, but BTN is also owned equally by all 12 members. Yes Fox owns 49% I believe.

The production cost are already being covered. Why not let FSN or a local station carry the feed. The station and the U could each get some advertising revenue. I would think this would more than offset the revenue for All-Access subscription.

Worse yet, I have never seen this issue discussed by the Big Ten or the U.

It's free on ESPN 3 with pretty good quality. Not All Access. I actually love ESPN3 and watch ESPN.

Silly Rabbit, you have to be in the top 25 to have your games on every time. Oh wait...

Truth is, there either has to be a decent opponent (on our coaches to schedule better) or you have to have major pre-season buzz (indiana, Mich, Mich St, etc). Get a top 5 recruiting class, all your games will be on the following year.

The point is this isn't 1947. I don't want to listen on the radio.

I guess we're streamin' again.

Yeah, I guess so. I hope TcGophers comes through with a link again. He was the savior last game. Side note, who gets the assignment to handle Wolters? Austin?

So what you are saying is that you are too good for radio? If ya have an imagination, radio broadcast lets ya picture what is happening, but....oh never mind, ya can't do that, I understand.

I'm too good for the overuse of the past-future tense that is Mike Grimm.

It's on Espn3 people. It's pretty easy for almost everyone to get. Most of the new video game systems, blu ray players, smart tvs, rokus, and apple tvs, etc. have the app built in. That and any computer. You don't need a special illegal stream and its a high quality feed.

It's on Espn3 people. It's pretty easy for almost everyone to get. Most of the new video game systems, blu ray players, smart tvs, rokus, and apple tvs, etc. have the app built in. That and any computer. You don't need a special illegal stream and its a high quality feed.

Ya, like Selection Sunday said on a related issue in a different thread, some of us do not have all this high level tech crap so maybe we just have to listen on the old fashioned radio or watch a simple live stream on our computers. To be honest, Gold Vision, I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but you truly impressed me with your jargon.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/

There's your stream. You can watch it on any computer for free. There are multiple games on it every night for free in high quality. It's not the crappy monthly Gopher All Access stream.

Living on a limited budget so paying $100/mo for Comcast isn't an option (yes this is what they want to charge) , which means ESPN3 isn't an option.

However, a good roaring fire in the firepit and some "Moose Drool" while listening to 1500 AM is always a nice alternative.

However, a good roaring fire in the firepit and some "Moose Drool" while listening to 1500 AM is always a nice alternative.

I cannot help but picture you in a Shooter/Dennis Hopper like coat warming up in the woods in back of your house..

Yeah, I guess so. I hope TcGophers comes through with a link again. He was the savior last game. Side note, who gets the assignment to handle Wolters? Austin?

I will get you a link for the game bud, no worries. espn3 is pretty easy to get a stream. if firstrowsports doesnt have it, i will have to dig a little bit but ill get one. hopefully by the 15 minute mark in the 1st half.

I will get you a link for the game bud, no worries. espn3 is pretty easy to get a stream. if firstrowsports doesnt have it, i will have to dig a little bit but ill get one. hopefully by the 15 minute mark in the 1st half.

I'm somewhat amazed at how freely illegal links are shared on this site.

I cannot help but picture you in a Shooter/Dennis Hopper like coat warming up in the woods in back of your house..

"Clete, you tell him. Sectionals of '33, one point down. Five, four, three, two, one, let 'er fly... in and out. Yeah, well, I was fouled..."

Whew. I thought my above comment shut the site down :)

Top Bottom