Post game notes from Tubby, Rodney, Elliott and Oto on win and slow start

GopherLady

Reaction score
Hey guys -here are the notes. As always, I just type these on my iPhone as they talk, so some are parapharsed. Also, I'm in the car to Green Bay (I'm not driving) so will probably have even more errors. Here you go. Some interesting thoughts from Elliott on the slow start, and Oto on his shot (he hasn't made a 3 yet this season).

Post game north Florida

Oto:

It was a good game, started off slow but came together

Tubby told us we need to execute better and take better shots

I'm changing my shot right now, coach smith wants me to jump higher to get up quicker

Elliott

I felt really good, I wanted to be more aggressive...but I need to pick my moments to stay in the game

We started off really slow, we were able to pick ourselves up

You have to respect every opponent, we didn't come out ready to play, the defense wasn't there.

Rodney

We just have to stay calm, we need our bench to give us a spark like they gave us today.

We can't allow ourselves to get into a funk, like we did today.

It's not hard to get motivated because we all love to play.

That was big for my life after college,

I don't think about it at all, I just try to go out there and play my Gabe.

Andre is his roommate, he's in our prayers and I'm trying to give him his space.

Tubby

We were able to get a good win today. One of their players had their father pass away.

Andre Ingram's grandmother passed away.

We picked up the intensity and pressure.

We had better ball pressure, we shot 50% in the second half.

Our D, shut downs their 3's, especially Parker Smith. We are disappointed with our 3 point shooting. Mentally, sometimes...not sure what it is, we shot the ball well on the road. We had looks, a lot is a matter of concentration.

We have to hang our hat on defense. There were still turnovers that were ill advised.

Elliott didn't finish around the basket. You can't come away with a miss, that's what I mean about being more aggressive.

Austin is a very talented player, he's capable of being the spark, he leads by his actions. He's a very humble and unselfish player. Rodney is too, sometimes we're too unselfish.

We want Oto to make shots, I don't know what happened to him.

Trevor is a talented athlete and player.

Hey guys -here are the notes. As always, I just type these on my iPhone as they talk, so some are parapharsed. Also, I'm in the car to Green Bay (I'm not driving) so will probably have even more errors. Here you go. Some interesting thoughts from Elliott on the slow start, and Oto on his shot (he hasn't made a 3 yet this season).

Post game north Florida

Oto:

It was a good game, started off slow but came together

Tubby told us we need to execute better and take better shots

I'm changing my shot right now, coach smith wants me to jump higher to get up quicker

Elliott

I felt really good, I wanted to be more aggressive...but I need to pick my moments to stay in the game

We started off really slow, we were able to pick ourselves up

You have to respect every opponent, we didn't come out ready to play, the defense wasn't there.

Rodney

We just have to stay calm, we need our bench to give us a spark like they gave us today.

We can't allow ourselves to get into a funk, like we did today.

It's not hard to get motivated because we all love to play.

That was big for my life after college,

I don't think about it at all, I just try to go out there and play my Gabe.

Andre is his roommate, he's in our prayers and I'm trying to give him his space.

Tubby

We were able to get a good win today. One of their players had their father pass away.

Andre Ingram's grandmother passed away.

We picked up the intensity and pressure.

We had better ball pressure, we shot 50% in the second half.

Our D, shut downs their 3's, especially Parker Smith. We are disappointed with our 3 point shooting. Mentally, sometimes...not sure what it is, we shot the ball well on the road. We had looks, a lot is a matter of concentration.

We have to hang our hat on defense. There were still turnovers that were ill advised.

Elliott didn't finish around the basket. You can't come away with a miss, that's what I mean about being more aggressive.

Austin is a very talented player, he's capable of being the spark, he leads by his actions. He's a very humble and unselfish player. Rodney is too, sometimes we're too unselfish.

We want Oto to make shots, I don't know what happened to him.

Trevor is a talented athlete and player.

NADINE! CONGRATS. You're a celebrity now-a-days. Good things happen to good people.

NADINE! CONGRATS. You're a celebrity now-a-days. Good things happen to good people.

How can she be good people when she steals cheeseburgers at a tail gate? :)

Whos father passed? Sad to hear that.

Top Bottom