Elliot's mouth

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
He really needs to shut his dang yapper.

Mark my words...someday he'll get T'd up when it matters.

He must think it's okay to lower his shoulder and flatten a defender. Someone should tell him the rules as that was the easiest charge call a referee will ever be handed. He is clearly the best referee in the Big Ten, and the constant whining would tell you he sure thinks he is. The funny part is that every time he whines. It's the correct call by the official. Every time.

Just stick to rebounding and shut up, please, Elliot.

It wasn't just the one foul. Every single call against him (probably an exaggeration, but it seems like it) is a complete injustice based on the way he reacts. When your own teammate needs to hold you back from going after the ref to yell at him, that's a sign that you need to relax.

Someone should create a compilation video of Elliot's fouls and reactions and force him to watch it.

I'm really happy with the way he's played the last couple games, but this crap needs to stop. I actually yelled for the refs to T him up twice today. I'm totally sick of his behavior and he needs to be taught a lesson.

I don't know what you guys are watching.....

....bbut that last charge was a total dive by the defender. How about rooting for someone who's still trying to find himself offensively.......and by the way is wearing maroon and gold.

I root for him when he tries, which is most of the time.

I don't root for him when he cries.

It wasn't just the one foul. It's every single foul.

....bbut that last charge was a total dive by the defender. How about rooting for someone who's still trying to find himself offensively.......and by the way is wearing maroon and gold.

I'd have to see it again, but watching live Elliot threw a pretty good shoulder into him.

That was not a dive. I root for him to score points and contribute, but I have no problem grilling him for being a whiny child. Nobody likes a cry baby. The original poster and mine's frustration stems from 1 year+ of whining (and no sign of it stopping), not one game.

his turnovers and blown defensive assignments are also someone else's fault. Getting old, fast.

And guys...a defender does not need to be "set" for a charge to be called. If they are backpedaling and you run them over, that's a charge.

Elliot does a ton of good things for the team. He plays terrific defense and basicly shuts down the lane. FSU's min run came when he was on the bench. He hustles and grabs rebounds. When he gets a rebound it does not get taken away from him.

So he complains about calls. BFD. That appears to be part of his personality. I would prefer he not do it but as long as he continues to hustle, it is very low on my wish list. Maybe that is how he is wired, like John McEnroe.

That was not a dive. I root for him to score points and contribute, but I have no problem grilling him for being a whiny child. Nobody likes a cry baby. The original poster and mine's frustration stems from 1 year+ of whining (and no sign of it stopping), not one game.

I think his on court behavior has improved somewhat from last year. Overall, though, it appears that he's watching too many Kevin Love videos.

The BFD is that he *will* get T'd up and it will potentially cost us a game.

I would not like that. I do not know what he is saying, do you? I do not recall any T's on EE so far. Players make mistakes all the time. Every one could cost the Gophers a game. I agree he should not do it. I still do not think it is a priority.

The BFD is that he *will* get T'd up and it will potentially cost us a game.

I wouldn't be shocked if a lesser official got fed up with his complaining and, knowing that it will always come, wait for a key situation to call it.

That's my fear. He's getting a reputation and is on an invisible short leash.

If good old what's his name from Duke does what EE did, It would be a block. It's not who ya know, it's who ya blow. Indiana will get every call either way on that...On us, charge. On them, block.

That's my fear. He's getting a reputation and is on an invisible short leash.

Iverson got a reputation with the officials his last year here as a hacker and couldn't buy a call.

If good old what's his name from Duke does what EE did, It would be a block. It's not who ya know, it's who ya blow. Indiana will get every call either way on that...On us, charge. On them, block.

I just saw a UFO, and the Lochness Monster is real too.

Hard to know. Body language and language can very different. Maybe he is saying "excuse me sir, but I respectfully disagree with your interpretation of recent events. Please make a mental note of my grievance and continue your fine work."

Lighten up people. He did lower his shoulder and the defender flopped.
He isn't a whinner in my book. Keep working hard EE!

I think his on court behavior has improved somewhat from last year. Overall, though, it appears that he's watching too many Kevin Love videos.

Wrong jammer. It appears he is taking lessons from various PC's that pop up on GH and some complainants just keep it up. Consistency is the name of the game.

I'm a little puzzled how someone sitting at home watching that game on their computer thinks they can speak to how he actually acted yesterday.

If you weren't there in person, I don't think you get the full picture of his whining and complaining (unless they have an "Elliot focus" feed).

And if you listened to the game on the radio, then you might not want to comment at all.

I have slept on it. JMO, it would have been good for EE to get a technical and foul out yesterday. It would hopefully have taught him a lesson.

The one thread on EE calls him out for whining. That is not my key takeaway from his performance. He played a good game, grabbed some loose balls and actually had an offensive showing. If I could inprove only one thing about EE it would not be his court demeanor (post moves, speed, strength, basketball IQ, ...).

I like your posts Kaupa. and know you are a fan. This seems to be a hot button for you. I am just giving another opinion. If I can only comment on games I see in person, I will have to stop posting.

I was really happy with his play yesterday.
- He caught a pass while driving to the hoop and almost finished. Improvement here is that they actually passed to him while he was moving.
- He played great off-ball defense and intercepted a pass. This happened right in front of me (114, row 5) and I was pretty impressed with his reaction time. Didn't just deflect it, but grabbed it and did something good with it.
- He put up a lay-in, missed it, got the rebound and put it back. He's sticking with it.

I see him starting to progress beyond the "Trevor Winter" stage of a big man (that's where you are on the court to simply receive passes and throw them to others)

Keep doing that stuff and he'll go far.

Dang Bruce, you have more whines in this thread than Eliason had during the game. Looks like he has 21 fouls this year and 124 in his career. I'm not sure, but I don't think he's been T'd up yet.

From my view, the charge on Elliott was correctly called. I think the best way to help Elliott will be to show him the video. I think he will be embarrased for his reaction after he watches the video. If an opponent lowered their shoulder and plowed into him with the same move, he would fully expect a charge call. I have also noticed that Joe Coleman also spends a lot of time talking to Referees about questionable calls. Most of the time, Joe is a little more subtle with his discussions and I think Referees handle discussion or question better than tantrums or very visible body language. Hopefully Elliott learns to be a little more subtle with his concerns about calls.

Iverson got a reputation with the officials his last year here as a hacker and couldn't buy a call.

True they had a Colt's number his last year here and he couldn't get a call and any little altercation in the lane the call went against him. However, he did love to mix in up. Wish Ralph III would have had more of Colt's attitude.

Top Bottom