Mbakwe re-integration = A

balds

Reaction score
My biggest fear was how we would weave Mbakwe back into the fabric of what I was seeing last March. Much like Sampson III, I don't think that Mbakwe is a "post scorer". My biggest fear was that we would force the ball to him on the block and slow down the motion and the flow of the offense. I saw the same thing with Sampson III and I don't think it's a surprise that they played much better down the stretch when he was out.

I love that they are playing like last March and letting the game come to Mbakwe (off. rebounds, drive and dish, etc.). Difference has been confident, improved players like Hollins', Coleman and Williams.

Wait, did you just say 'Much like Sampson III, I don't think that Mbakwe is a "post scorer"...' ????

Sorry, its going to take me some time to clean up the ooze that just poured out of my skull cavity.

i agree that trevor is not a pure post scorer..
many times he throws up a wild shot and hopes for a bail-out whistle

my concern:

is he stuck in 2010-2011 when his raw post scoring and FT's is all we had besides hoff? will he hold the ball and try spin move after spin move while everyone else stands around? will he try to selfishly move up the NBA board?

he is our 5th option this year... in 2010-2011 he was our 2nd option.

SDSU, etc are bunnies.. wait until the big10.. trevor cannot clog the lane and hope for a post feed this year or we will be one/done in big dance and middle of the pack big10.

he needs to adjust to his role.

so far, i have not seen him adjust.... he seems too 'hungry' for that spin move each trip.

Top Bottom