Strength of the B1G this year

Reaction score
If Ohio State beats Duke tonight, will the B1G hold rankings 1, 2, and 3 with Indiana, Michigan, and OSU? When was the last time a conference held the top 3 rankings?

We need to win a national title before we can even be compared as the SEC of basketball. When was the Big Ten's last National title? 2000 with Michigan State?

Last title was Michigan State 2002

MSU, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Indiana had final fours in the past 12 years

Illinois 05', Ohio State 07' and Michigan State (maybe 10') all made it to the title game only to lose...

I agree we need to win a title and teams like Michigan need to stop getting bounced before making the sweet 16. I think this year, might be the year for us! Lots of depth in the conference.

Last title was Michigan State 2002

MSU, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Indiana had final fours in the past 12 years

Illinois 05', Ohio State 07' and Michigan State (maybe 10') all made it to the title game only to lose...

I agree we need to win a title and teams like Michigan need to stop getting bounced before making the sweet 16. I think this year, might be the year for us! Lots of depth in the conference.

Maryland won the NCAA Title in 2002. Michigan State in 2000 was the last one.

I think he was just clarifying who won in 2002.

Speaking of the B1G is anyone else watching the Wisconsin game? Man, they're awful!

Speaking of the B1G is anyone else watching the Wisconsin game? Man, they're awful!

It's a comedy act right now. 23 points against a mediocre Virginia. They are lucky it's still a ball game.

If Ohio State beats Duke tonight, will the B1G hold rankings 1, 2, and 3 with Indiana, Michigan, and OSU? When was the last time a conference held the top 3 rankings?

I don't think it has happened in basketball.

Top 2, yes. I found an article from 2001 talking about the preseason poll having Duke and Maryland being #1 and #2 and that that was only the 2nd time in history that 2 teams from the same conference had held the top 2 spots. The other time was the preseason '85-'86 poll that had Georgia Tech and North Carolina at 1 and 2.

I don't think it has happened in basketball.

Top 2, yes. I found an article from 2001 talking about the preseason poll having Duke and Maryland being #1 and #2 and that that was only the 2nd time in history that 2 teams from the same conference had held the top 2 spots. The other time was the preseason '85-'86 poll that had Georgia Tech and North Carolina at 1 and 2.

I think that article must mean preseason polls. Pretty sure two teams from the same conference have held the top two spots in the poll during the regular season several times. They haven't always played each other while ranked in those spots, although it happened in the Big Ten in 2007 when when #1 Ohio State clipped #2 Wisconsin 49-48.

Top Bottom