ACC to add Louisville

The next question is where will UConn land? Although without Calhoun, an argument could be made UConn will no longer be that relevant in anything other than women's basketball.

Bleed, don't know where you stand on this, but if the Big Ten is insistent on getting to 16 schools (I'm guessing that's the case), as a hoops fan give me Kansas and any one of UConn/Georgia Tech/Virginia and I'd be happy with that.

ACC didn't add UConn because they are ripe for the picking anytime.

They added Louisville because the ACC knew that the Cardinals were getting looks from the BigXII.

More conference expansion will happen when the Maryland lawsuit is resolved and the rest of the ACC has a baseline of what its going to cost to get off that sinking ship.

Just for clarity, by "sinking ship" do you mean the ACC or the Big East?

I can name all the teams in the Big Ten(even the two that have recently been accepted).

I can name all the teams in the PAC 12.

THAT'S IT!

The times they are a changin.

Change is not always good.

Just for clarity, by "sinking ship" do you mean the ACC or the Big East?

Both.

The Big East is already underwater.

The ACC knows where it is on the food chain, and that as long as the BigXII has Texas it will be healthy and viable.

Now its only a matter of time for the ACC. The only way they could be saved from complete implosion would be if ND decides to join full time in football, but that's very unlikely.

The next question is where will UConn land? Although without Calhoun, an argument could be made UConn will no longer be that relevant in anything other than women's basketball.

Bleed, don't know where you stand on this, but if the Big Ten is insistent on getting to 16 schools (I'm guessing that's the case), as a hoops fan give me Kansas and any one of UConn/Georgia Tech/Virginia and I'd be happy with that.

I think at this stage, KU would be a great addition. If we were sticking with 12 or even 14, KU isn't as strong of an addition, but since we're likely moving to the 16 team super conference, KU is a nice fit at this point and they would crawl to the Big Ten if they could.

Watching the Gophers at AFH on Naismith Drive would be a must-attend road trip.

Go Gophers!!

The Fog is one of several arenas on my bucket list. A much better chance of crossing it off if KU joins the Big Ten.

The Fog is one of several arenas on my bucket list. A much better chance of crossing it off if KU joins the Big Ten.

Problem is with 16 teams, the likelihood of playing them with any frequency is limited. With 16, we might only see some teams every three years, and every six at home. Not the foundation for developing rivalries. I am not liking this at all. And it is not just because I am old.

The conference expansion doesn't bother my one way or the other but what is happening to the Big East from a basketball perspective is disappointing with UConn more than likely at some point moving.

If the B1G goes to 16 teams, then for the benefit of the fans and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, every team needs a couple cupcake pre-season games, and a total round robin for a true conference champion. We will need to increase BB scholarships to 20 BB players, and can therefore become the NBACL League.

This way, all GH commentors who never played the game or just were bench warmers, can be official experts on who and/or whom should play when and also where and when who/whom should ride the pine.

2 gimmee warmup games;
30 conference games;
1 out of conference 4-team tournament;
B1G Tournament;

Beat the hell out of each other and the B1G wins the NCAA Tournament, as long as NDSU doesn't make it into the Tourney.

Pay every player $X in addition to their scholarship. Calipari would love that.

The way I look at it Holy Man is if the Big Ten is intent on adding a couple more schools, and I can do nothing to stop it, for my money go ahead and give us a couple basketball schools. I figure seeing the Gophers play a "conference" team like Kansas once or twice every few years is better than the alternative. Tubby certainly hasn't shown much of a willingness to schedule notable home-and-homes, so in lieu of that I'd take adding Kansas to the schedule on a semi-regular basis.

What scares me is if the Big Ten ever decided to go back to 16 conference games.. ... can you imagine the (home) games we'd schedule in place of those 2 lost conference games? Fortunately, I don't think Delany will ever let that happen on his watch.

If the B1G goes to 16 teams, then for the benefit of the fans and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, every team needs a couple cupcake pre-season games, and a total round robin for a true conference champion. We will need to increase BB scholarships to 20 BB players, and can therefore become the NBACL League.

This way, all GH commentors who never played the game or just were bench warmers, can be official experts on who and/or whom should play when and also where and when who/whom should ride the pine.

2 gimmee warmup games;
30 conference games;
1 out of conference 4-team tournament;
B1G Tournament;

Beat the hell out of each other and the B1G wins the NCAA Tournament, as long as NDSU doesn't make it into the Tourney.

Pay every player $X in addition to their scholarship. Calipari would love that.

If this every happens (which I doubt it will), I think you should just drop the conference tourney. If you've played everyone twice already, no need for it.

Does anyone know if your conference does not have a conference tourney, can you schedule a few more regular season games?

The way I look at it Holy Man is if the Big Ten is intent on adding a couple more schools, and I can do nothing to stop it, for my money go ahead and give us a couple basketball schools. I figure seeing the Gophers play a "conference" team like Kansas once or twice every few years is better than the alternative. Tubby certainly hasn't shown much of a willingness to schedule notable home-and-homes, so in lieu of that I'd take adding Kansas to the schedule on a semi-regular basis.

What scares me is if the Big Ten ever decided to go back to 16 conference games.. ... can you imagine the (home) games we'd schedule in place of those 2 lost conference games? Fortunately, I don't think Delany will ever let that happen on his watch.

On your last comment, SS, I think Jim Delany has a vision and wants the nationwide B1G popularity for College Athletics to become the NFL popularity that Pete Rozelle dreamed of making the NFL. His dream and goal is beyond what any of us can comprehend.

Rozelle made the NFL what it is today. Will Delany make the B1G to that level? My god think of it.

Revenue Sharing will do it.

The rumor I've read in a few different places and probably the same source in both is that Kansas and North Carolina are both B1G targets.

The rumor I've read in a few different places and probably the same source in both is that Kansas and North Carolina are both B1G targets.

Ya, and I have also heard that Louisville is going to go ACC because they don't dare go B1G.

Kansas is not ever going to be in the B1G.

We are going to see more conference basketball games in the future. More $$$ for more Indiana vs Maryland match-ups in basketball then there is in having Bryant University or Central Connecticut State on the slate.

If the B1G added North Carolina and Virgina things would get foolish in basketball. 14 games for a home and home with your pod and another pod, and 1 game against each of the other schools. 22 conference games total would be a likely result.

If this every happens (which I doubt it will), I think you should just drop the conference tourney. If you've played everyone twice already, no need for it.

Does anyone know if your conference does not have a conference tourney, can you schedule a few more regular season games?

If a conference is gonna do a true round robin, I agree, why the B1G Tourney? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ It would make the NCAA Tournament become the NIT level, which, btw, the NIT was the Big Kahuna back in the days of George Mikan and DePaul.

In addition, everyone's friend Sid Hartman was once a part owner and investor of the original Minneapolis Lakers.

If a 20- or 22-game conference schedule

We are going to see more conference basketball games in the future. More $$$ for more Indiana vs Maryland match-ups in basketball then there is in having Bryant University or Central Connecticut State on the slate.

If the B1G added North Carolina and Virgina things would get foolish in basketball. 14 games for a home and home with your pod and another pod, and 1 game against each of the other schools. 22 conference games total would be a likely result.

That would be fantastic. If the Big Ten ever goes to a 20- or 22-game conference schedule, never again will I gripe about the home nonconference schedule. Not a peep. ... Tubby could do whatever he wanted with the 6-7 nonconference games, even if it's a full diet of NJIT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Incarnate Word, Chicago State, Grand Canyon, etc.

That would be fantastic. If the Big Ten ever goes to a 20- or 22-game conference schedule, never again will I gripe about the home nonconference schedule. Not a peep. ... Tubby could do whatever he wanted with the 6-7 nonconference games, even if it's a full diet of NJIT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Incarnate Word, Chicago State, Grand Canyon, etc.

Don't forget NDSU, SDSU, and College of Mary.

Xtra game

The Conference Tourney counts as one game regardless of how many a team plays. So for those with no Tourney (Ivy & independtents) they can schedule and extra game.

Hard to argue with Doyel. The Big East is just becoming a mish-mash of nothing.

Top Bottom