Encouraging sign,,despite the turnover problem.. we can still destroy solid teams

gopherdiehard

Reaction score
im very happy with the easy win 2nite.. we had a lot or turnovers that led to easy buckets and we still crushed a solid Florida state team. when we get to big ten play, if we can just take care of the basketball we can beat anyone anywhere. by the way the bench stepped up 2nite kudos to them..

Turnovers

im very happy with the easy win 2nite.. we had a lot or turnovers that led to easy buckets and we still crushed a solid Florida state team. when we get to big ten play, if we can just take care of the basketball we can beat anyone anywhere. by the way the bench stepped up 2nite kudos to them..

We actually average 16 turnovers a game. We had a Wisconsin like 12 last night so a decent improvement considering the pace of the game. I congratulate Tubby and the team we played like an experience team and rarely looked shell shocked like some other seasons playing on the road against a very solid team.

Honestly, after being on the road and sleeping in hotels for as long as the team has been away - I was expecting a lot of turnovers and cold shooting. Dare I say THIS Tubby team finally is playing up to the level I had expected in previous years prior to transfers, injuries, etc.?

I did not expect an easy victory over FSU, on the road no less.

Agree. It was a nice win over FSU, and the team looked solid despite a long road trip. If we can get the kind of balanced scoring we had vs. FSU during conference play, and cut down on the TOs by 1-2 per game, I'm feeling even better.

Much better of job of taking care of the ball last night(12 turnovers is much more acceptable). Austin finding the stroke and Rodney, Joe and Julian hitting the mid-range jumpers was huge and will be a key as the season progresses.

One thing this team is lacking is guards/perimeter players that can breakdown a defense off the dribble. Hitting those mid-range jumpers and an occasional three will help open the inside for Trevor, Rodney and EE.

I agree that Dre is the only gopher guard who can beat his guy of the dribble in the half court. I think he plays pretty unselfish though unless he needs to take over.

Top Bottom