This team looks real

Reserve

Reaction score
I have to admit to being a bit nervous about this game. Well played, good win.

#Gophers!

Even SelectionSunday picked FSU in this game.

What a horrible basketball mind that guy is. My god.

But seriously, one hell of a game. The score really doesn't indicate how one-sided it was. We gave up a couple runs, and FSU played their hardest until the very end, but we really dominated for the vast majority of the game. This has been a fun team to watch so far.

Great team win. Please no injuries or suspensions to derail this club now.

For the first time this season, I was impressed. Excellent team effort.

Impressive win in what looked to be a let down spot.

I wish the conference wasn't as loaded, but this team has been up to the challenge so far. They aren't elite, but they sure look like a 4/5 seed who can go on a run.

What a fun year this is going to be in the Big Ten and the barn WILL be full and loud!

What a fun year this is going to be in the Big Ten and the barn WILL be full and loud!

Michigan State on the 31st could be a blast.

Can't have any slip ups though, let's enter then Big 10 season with only one loss!

Tubby has had a couple of fine looking November teams in the past and this one continues the tradition. An excellent win. Now let's see games like this in Feb and March.

Great team win. Please no injuries or suspensions to derail this club now.

Got to think that the basketball gods aren't that cruel.

Was really nice to see guys who had gotten a ton of criticism (quite a bit of it deserved) really contribute tonight. If Coleman can continue to play like that, and Welch can provide a bit of scoring, along with a lot more engaged Elliot, could be a really fun season.

Was really nice to see guys who had gotten a ton of criticism (quite a bit of it deserved) really contribute tonight. If Coleman can continue to play like that, and Welch can provide a bit of scoring, along with a lot more engaged Elliot, could be a really fun season.

Even Oto was effective out there. Solid game all around.

Those were the key 3 guys tonight. All came up big at different times and gave us great production. It will be hard to match up with us if we get that production and then the regular production out of our main guys.

Go Gophers!!

Solid win across the board with only one blemish. The true Maverick Ahanmisi came to play. Notice Tubby never let him back on the court for the last 15 minutes of the game. Welcome to the end of the bench, Mav.

Other than that...very solid effort by the team.

Tubby has had a couple of fine looking November teams in the past and this one continues the tradition. An excellent win. Now let's see games like this in Feb and March.

I agree and that's why I'm a bit timid becoming really invested in this team so far. I'll love them either way but the last few years after looking so good early and having them crap out have made me a bit wiser. They looked good tonight though and went into another teams place and spanked them pretty hard. Great win.

I agree and that's why I'm a bit timid becoming really invested in this team so far. I'll love them either way but the last few years after looking so good early and having them crap out have made me a bit wiser. They looked good tonight though and went into another teams place and spanked them pretty hard. Great win.

I wonder if injuries to key players could have played a role in those collapses. Hmmmm. Maybe even a correlation between when injuries occur and when losses start? Someone should research this.

As long as Tubby has had a healthy squad they've been solid.

I think the key tonight was excellent passing.

You two don't think that losing Mbakwe and Nolen had anything to do with that, do you?

I literally believe the only thing that can stop us from having a huge year is injuries. That is pretty much my biggest fear going into every game.

Good call, I mean we haven't had injury after injury, departures of big time talent, etc the bball program has had the worst luck over any team I have seen in a 3 year span. Enjoy being the ultimate pessimists that don't believe on things getting better...fans like you make realize why we don't have better atmosphere at football and basketball games.

And if u can't tell this team is better thans years past u have not been watching real close. They have point guard now who can do many different things. There wings are playing better than they ever have. Big Ten champ might have 5 loses i would say.

I think the key tonight was excellent passing.

It really was. Whether it was a hard drive to the paint with a nice last second dish, or hitting a great backdoor cut, our passing was superb.

Great defense tonight. This team has a nice defensive identity brewing and enough offense to give any opponent trouble. Nice to see Tubby go primarily with a pretty tight 7 man rotation for the second half.

C'mon...Where are all the Tubby haters from last year now? Don't hide!

I'm not sure how much better this team is than the '10-'11 crew that won Puerto Rico, but it sure looks promising. I look forward to seeing them develop and challenge the conference this season, I think they're up to the task.

"Crap out" - some severe, cruel injuries and player defections were almost the entire reason behind those two teams falling. It's not like they just fell apart devoid of improbably bad luck.

This year we have enough depth at most positions to absorb one injury, though a loss of Dre would end hopes of any big season.

So what is the consensus here (like there's a shot at that, (and I'm NOT starting a poll)):

Did the team play as expected, or did they play above expectations?

I would say they played as expected. It didn't seem like anyone played on out-of-their-head game. Joe may have stepped up above expectations, but I don't know by how much. He pretty much just played his game and took what was there.

Great defense tonight. This team has a nice defensive identity brewing and enough offense to give any opponent trouble. Nice to see Tubby go primarily with a pretty tight 7 man rotation for the second half.

I didn't like seeing the let down and giving them freebies and offensive boards in the last 2-3 minutes, however. Play the game the whole way through. No free points for the other team, ever.

C'mon...Where are all the Tubby haters from last year now? Don't hide!

Like I said before Parski, be patient. They are perched in their trees, hiding in shame, just waiting for an opportunity to circle.

Top Bottom