Cheering for Duke?

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
If Duke pulls out a nice win does it look better for the Gophers? They are top 5 in the RPI (I know it is early) and with wins over Kentucky and Louisville, not as bad a loss as many could be...

Absolutely. Always cheer for your non-conference opponents.

Absolutely. Always cheer for your non-conference opponents.

Nope, can't cheer for Duke ever. If we win, everything will take care of itself. Duke will be a top 10 team most of the year regardless.

Nope, can't cheer for Duke ever. If we win, everything will take care of itself. Duke will be a top 10 team most of the year regardless.

I agree, it is hard for me to cheer for Duke.

Kinda like the Yankees.....cheering for the Yankees is like cheering for Walmart.

I hate Duke, but man they look like they may be the best team in the country right now. Plumlee, Curry, Sulaimon and Cook are all studs.

Duke shot 20% and 25% from 3 against VCU and Louisville respectively after shooting 80% against us. Could have been a different game if they weren't simply hitting everything they chucked at the basket against us, they hit a bunch of ridiculous shots.

Duke shot 20% and 25% from 3 against VCU and Louisville respectively after shooting 80% against us. Could have been a different game if they weren't simply hitting everything they chucked at the basket against us, they hit a bunch of ridiculous shots.

I would welcome a rematch with them come tourney time. Preferably Sweet 16 or later, so I could still call the season a success win or lose.

I had to laugh watching their game Friday against VCU. Curry missed a pretty easy lay-up. The night before he was hitting running 15 ft. scoop shots.

Well how does everyone feel about the loss now that we know Duke will be in the conversation for #1 next time Indiana loses?

Just keep getting better, keep learning how to get W's however you can and this team will be alright.

I think we we'll have 27 wins before the conference tournament gets underway.

What? We play 31 games before the B1G Tournament, and you're expecting us to go 27-4? With two games against IU, two against MSU, and one each against OSU and Mich? I like the optimism, but I can't say I agree. I would be thrilled with something like 23-8.

Well how does everyone feel about the loss now that we know Duke will be in the conversation for #1 next time Indiana loses?

Just keep getting better, keep learning how to get W's however you can and this team will be alright.

I am curious as to how you think we will get to 27 wins. While I like your enthusiasm, I personally think that won't happen. I will not, however, go out on a limb and predict the number of wins we will end up with.

I am curious as to how you think we will get to 27 wins. While I like your enthusiasm, I personally think that won't happen. I will not, however, go out on a limb and predict the number of wins we will end up with.

I'll go out on that limb. 30. You heard it here first.

I know 27 sounds crazy, and I was going back and forth between that and 26 but I don't think I'll be very far off. Here's how I see it going down.

Non-Con
Beat FSU by high single digits.
Blow out USC.
Cupcakes=Ws

Split with Michigan State.
Sweep Wisconsin.
Beat Michigan at home, lose to the Buckeyes away.
Split with Indiana.
Win the rest of the games we are supposed too.

Maybe we drop an extra game here or there in conference with an upset, but I would be stunned if this team had more than 5 conference losses. This team is good, and has the potential to get a lot better before the end of the year. I don't think we are going to lose another non-conference game. We will be a top 4 seed in the B1G tournament and I think we'll have a shot to be a #4 seed in the tournament. This team has a chance to win 30+ games.

I know 27 sounds crazy, and I was going back and forth between that and 26 but I don't think I'll be very far off. Here's how I see it going down.

Non-Con
Beat FSU by high single digits.
Blow out USC.
Cupcakes=Ws

Split with Michigan State.
Sweep Wisconsin.
Beat Michigan at home, lose to the Buckeyes away.
Split with Indiana.
Win the rest of the games we are supposed too.

Maybe we drop an extra game here or there in conference with an upset, but I would be stunned if this team had more than 5 conference losses. This team is good, and has the potential to get a lot better before the end of the year. I don't think we are going to lose another non-conference game. We will be a top 4 seed in the B1G tournament and I think we'll have a shot to be a #4 seed in the tournament. This team has a chance to win 30+ games.

I'd be down with that. Would make for a fun season. I'm hesitant to share your optimism with all of the horrendous luck this team has faced over the years, but maybe this is the year that everything comes together.

That record would contend for the Big 10 Title.

22-9 and I will be happy for the way we're playing right now. If we improve I see 24-7

I think we will finally solve Michigan State during the regular season, we haven't beaten them outside of the B1G tournament since the end of the Monson days.

Top Bottom