Jimmy Williams went to locker room without shaking Gophers players/coaches hands

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Amelia:

"Old wounds

A bit of Gophers history bubbled to the surface Friday, with Jimmy Williams on the sideline as a Memphis assistant coach.

Williams sued the University of Minnesota and coach Tubby Smith, claiming he misrepresented his authority by offering Williams an assistant coaching job in 2007. After the offer was rescinded, a jury awarded Williams $1 million, but the Minnesota Supreme Court threw that award out in August.

After the game, Williams -- in his second year at Memphis -- walked to the locker room without shaking hands with Gophers coaches or players."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/180646911.html

Go Gophers!!

Was his beef with Tubby or the U? I think that is a bit of poor sportsmanship...

$20 says that if Memphis had won, he definitely would have been shaking hands.

I will bet that Tubby lost a night's sleep over that. Ya right.

Asshat move...if nothing else, show some respect to the players. They have nothing to do with you trying to gouge the U. For that matter, Tubby has nothing to do with who the U pays...little man Jimmy.

He couldn't take the time to shake hands. He had to go try to plan a way for his team to win the title of 7th best team in the Battle 4 Atlantis.

He couldn't take the time to shake hands. He had to go try to plan a way for his team to win the title of 7th best team in the Battle 4 Atlantis.

lol

on the other hand, do you think we were only the 5th best team in that tournament?

on the other hand, do you think we were only the 5th best team in that tournament?

Actually, we very well may have been. That's how stacked that tourney was. I would say we fall somewhere between 3-5. At best we are ahead of Missouri and at worst we are behind VCU.

Actually, we very well may have been. That's how stacked that tourney was. I would say we fall somewhere between 3-5. At best we are ahead of Missouri and at worst we are behind VCU.

No question. I am am simply saying that we won two of our three games. The one loss came against a top five Duke team which happened to win the entire tournament. Hard to judge where this team falls in the grand scheme of eight teams.

Was his beef with Tubby or the U? I think that is a bit of poor sportsmanship...

I didn't notice the lack of handshake at the end of the game, but I was there and Jimmy was in the Gopher section on Thursday yukking it up with a number of the old timers at the game. I didn't know he landed with Memphis and immediately thought about the possible under current if we played them. Turned out to be true.

Pretty classless act by Jimmy, but I have to admit, the big guys for Memphis were very good and I know that is his specialty. He gets to take credit for some of that.

lol

No - the fallacy of the opening round loss delegating a team to no better than a "5th" place finish - in actuality it's just as good as the 3rd-place finish and usually better than 4th. Whatever, I suppose, it is what it is.

Top Bottom