ESPN: Minnesota lets you gamble with ticket deal

I thinks its good idea, should get some more people interested, they should try something like that for football, my only question is where do you get to sit?

I am intrigued by the notion. However, this seems a little backwards. If the team wins, I feel good and don't need any extra perks to make me happy about the win. Why not take a page from Mbakwe's book, guaranty a spot in the NCAA tournament, and refund a significant portion of ticket costs if the team is sitting at home in March?

It reminds me of my buddy (a good guy despite being a Michigan fan) who went to the Rose Bowl and bet the whole cost of the trip on the Wolverines to win. Then they lost and he paid double for the trip. He said to me, "I was an idiot. I should have bet on USC. There is no amount of money I wouldn't pay to go see the Wolverines win a Rose Bowl, and if they lose, then I would have at least gotten a free trip out of it."

Huh. I agree is seems a little odd - and we do start off the year against Michigan State. On the other hand - those fans will be sure to be loudly cheering on the team!!!

I'd risk it against Michigan. A top 5 team at the Barn? How can you miss that, even with the tickets on the line?

Yeah...just look on Stubhub...a $75 ticket for the MI game doesn't exist...and if you have already gotten to see two B1G wins at home...why not risk it. Hate to be the guy that didn't go to the game where we beat the #2 team in the land by 15...rising to the #1 ranking (we beat IN on the road already) after Duke loses and AZ wins but barely in same week!

Gophers win their next two and rise to #1 in the land for the first time in my lifetime...you read it here first. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom