4 tough games in next 6 days. What's an acceptable record?

4 tough games in next 6 days. What's an acceptable record?

• We must go 4-0

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • This team should be 3-1

Votes: 45 64.3%
  • I'll be happy with a split, 2-2

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • If we get one, it's a success, 1-3

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
We have 4 tough games in next 6 days at Bahamas and then at FSU. What is an acceptable record?

It's tough to say, since I feel like going 1-3 against Duke, Memphis, and Louisville would be better than 2-2 with wins against VCU and NIU. But if I had to just pick a record I'd be happy about, it'd probably be 2-2

I said 2-2, and I think one of those wins will be against Florida State, I was more concerned about that game prior to the season than I am now, that game just seems very winnable, we might even be favored against them, though last night was Florida State's last game before they play us, giving them 6 days to prepare. I actually think right now, it'll be easier to go 2-1 in the Bahamas if we lose to Duke today. If we win, we likely play Memphis and then Missouri or Louisville, both of which we could lose, but then beating Duke might also mean that the team is perfectly capable of winning those games. If we lose to Duke, we probably play VCU and Stanford, both of which we could win to go 2-1.

I said 2-2, and I think one of those wins will be against Florida State, I was more concerned about that game prior to the season than I am now, that game just seems very winnable, we might even be favored against them, though last night was Florida State's last game before they play us, giving them 6 days to prepare. I actually think right now, it'll be easier to go 2-1 in the Bahamas if we lose to Duke today. If we win, we likely play Memphis and then Missouri or Louisville, both of which we could lose, but then beating Duke might also mean that the team is perfectly capable of winning those games. If we lose to Duke, we probably play VCU and Stanford, both of which we could win to go 2-1.

I would be ecstatic with 4-0, pleased with 3-1, a little disappointed with 2-2, pretty disgusted with 1-3, and furious with 0-4.

3-1 with a loss to Duke or 2-2 with a win against Duke. Otherwise I'll be pissed.

4-0 = top 15 here we come.

3-1 is good under any scenario.

2-2 with win over Duke is more than acceptable.

2-2 without win over Duke is OK.

1-3 wouldn't be the end of the world as long as the only win isn't Stanford or UNI.

1-3 with only win Stanford or UNI would be disappointment.

I'd say:
4-0 A+
3-1 A-
2-2 with at least one BCS win B-
2-2 without a BCS win C-
1-3 D
0-4 F

4-0. If we don't go 4-0 Parski1 will be forever banished from The GopherHole. :)

counting USC 3-2 would be a success in my book, between them, FSU and the rest of this tourney will probably slip up somewhere

better go at least 3-2 counting USC if people think this is and NCAA Tourney Team.

Side note - I think the Duke loss is no big deal, more interested to see how they bounce back today and over the weekend....

it looks like only one of us aren't happy this morning. the rest of us were realistic and are very happy with a 3-1 road trip.

The Gophers have earned a pat on the back.

Now they need to make sure they don't get fat & sassy vs. UNF on Saturday. Keep playing like they have and there's no reason to think they'll be anything other than 12-1 heading into the Michigan State game. If that's the case, even with the New Year's Eve afternoon tip-off, perhaps The Barn will be more like we remember it years & years ago? Need to keep the momentum rolling into the Big Ten opener.

SDSU and USC still potential roadblocks, however.

The Gophers have earned a pat on the back.

Now they need to make sure they don't get fat & sassy vs. UNF on Saturday. Keep playing like they have and there's no reason to think they'll be anything other than 12-1 heading into the Michigan State game. If that's the case, even with the New Year's Eve afternoon tip-off, perhaps The Barn will be more like we remember it years & years ago? Need to keep the momentum rolling into the Big Ten opener.

SDSU and USC still potential roadblocks, however.

It is time for Gopher Fans to show nationwide on ESPN2 vs Michigan State that we mean business this year at The Barn.

If the Barn is not Full and Boisterous, be the fans young or old, I will buy station19, SS, and Parski1 a pork chop in a glass at Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls.

Gophers will protect The Barn.

One more thing regarding your care alert about fat and sassy. Tubby will make sure they don't.

Fat and sassy = get beat by a lesser opponent. (see UCLA)

It is time for Gopher Fans to show nationwide on ESPN2 that we mean business this year at The Barn.

If the Barn is not Full and Boisterous, be the fans young or old, I will buy station19, SS, and Parski1 a pork chop in a glass at Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls.

Are you going to the game?

It is time for Gopher Fans to show nationwide on ESPN2 vs Michigan State that we mean business this year at The Barn.

One more thing regarding your care alert about fat and sassy. Tubby will make sure they don't.

Fat and sassy = get beat by a lesser opponent. (see UCLA)

Well said, Dr. Don... let's get the barn as full, loud and boisterous as it has been in the last few decades -- especially for that opening MSU contest!

Well said, Dr. Don... let's get the barn as full, loud and boisterous as it has been in the last few decades -- especially for that opening MSU contest!

maybe you should start a separate thread to foward this theme....?

Top Bottom