BTN and bball games

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
Jim Delaney,

With all these teams now and all this money expansion is supposed to mean, can the BTN finally use their overflow channels and just televise all BT games in the future? That is all I wish for. You don't even send the announcers anyway; how much more can it be?

Please and thank you.

WAG

I like it, WAG. Love the BTN, but for gosh sakes B1G give us more live nonconference games of all the teams and less reruns of the same shows over and over. We'll survive without seeing "Big Ten's Greatest" for the 100th time.

Heck, if you give us more games I might even stop whining when you go on the cheap and don't send announcers to the game you're showing. We'll call it a trade-off.

Dear Jim Delaney,

You would gain a minimum of God only knows how many million viewers to BTN if you guys could work out a deal with all of the cable companies throughout the nation to carry the BTN on Basic Cable.

I realize that it would add a little to my monthly cable bill, and I would gladly pay it. After all, I already pay for NFL football on channels I hardly ever watch.

You would have more watchers on BTN than basic cable has on HSN.

Dr.Don

Jim Delaney

My carrier(Charter) now doesn't even carry BTN on expanded basic...it is on the digital level. WHY?

Now on to the main topic, non conference BB games that we don't get(Gopher ALL-Access & ESPN3, even ESPNU). The video and audio(albeit student production) is already in place. Why can't a local station be allowed to carry these games instead of putting them on a computer outlet.

Here in Minnesota, we at one time got all home NC games and many/most of the away NC games and exhibition games. We now have the technical advancement of BTN(with huge incomes for the schools), yet we have less TV coverage. Sorry, it does not make sense and is extremely frustrating. We miss Midwest Sports Channel.

Seems to me the BTN Mission Statement is; Combine all TV rights, collect a record amount of fees and show less games to the long time Fans and/or new fans.

Kudos to WAG. Fabulous thread, was thinking of doing this myself.

I like it, WAG. Love the BTN, but for gosh sakes B1G give us more live nonconference games of all the teams and less reruns of the same shows over and over. We'll survive without seeing "Big Ten's Greatest" for the 100th time.

Heck, if you give us more games I might even stop whining when you go on the cheap and don't send announcers to the game you're showing. We'll call it a trade-off.

Right. I really couldn't care less if the announcers are actually there. Just put it on the damn TV!

Am I the only one remembers years when no games were on TV? Thanks Mr. Pohlad!

Victory Sports?

THUD

Good idea. Horrible execution. You don't make that leap without having one partner in the bag (BTN did it right). Especially when the company that you're ditching (Fox) owns one of the major distributors (DirecTV.) They should have gone to Dish Network hat-in-hand and cut a deal. Any deal. If they had, the network would probably exist today.

Jim Delany (not ey) needs to continue to receive emails from all of us. Looking at Mich State last week, they had 2 or 3 games on BTN.com / ESPN3 ... so we are not they only BT team in this boat. Hopefully fans from all over the BT are emailing him.

station19, freshtrout, and Parski1...I understand that Mabel Murphy's in Fungus Falls has BTN for any games we want. Let's check it out before we go to WalMart (across hiway 210) and stock up on wallets.

station19, freshtrout, and Parski1...I understand that Mabel Murphy's in Fungus Falls has BTN for any games we want. Let's check it out before we go to WalMart (across hiway 210) and stock up on wallets.
Huh?

When is this Mabel Murphy's get together? I'd enjoy meeting the infamous Dr. Don. and picking Station19's brain on Central Minnesota golf courses.

When is this Mabel Murphy's get together? I'd enjoy meeting the infamous Dr. Don. and picking Station19's brain on Central Minnesota golf courses.

I tried to a year or two ago, and got no takers. I am retired, and can make it anytime as long as I94 isn't closed from Moorhead to Fergus. It is a whole 56 miles from my home to Mabel's. about the same for station 19. We can invite parski1 but he would get lost up here in the hinterland.

Hey, station19, so many new posters that any references to wallets at WalMart get ignored. Would you care to refresh them about the Scam at WalMart:

Hey, station19, so many new posters that any references to wallets at WalMart get ignored. Would you care to refresh them about the Scam at WalMart:

I was half-expecting Jamalo to ante up the story for you.

Top Bottom