MN Daily: Gophers fans share mixed views on Williams Arena improvements

All this new fangled technology has some of the elders in a tizzy.

I like the new scoreboard, especially the giant M on the underside. Adds some new life to an old building.

I like the new scoreboard, especially the giant M on the underside. Adds some new life to an old building.

It IS a state of the art scoreboard (large, colorful, etc.), but we now only see the bottom half of it from our seats. And we pay a "donation" for our location. This is a complaint we will bring up with the basketball gurus, but we wanted to vent a little. Obviously they didn't think about this when they enlarged it and added advertising on the bottom...

My seats are center court, first row of the upper deck. That scoreboard is positioned like it was built just for me. I can't complain.

...we now only see the bottom half of it from our seats...Obviously they didn't think about this when they enlarged it and added advertising on the bottom...

I'd be more inclined to think the opposite.

The one thing that I do not like is the video highlights after the visiting team is being introduced. It has become old and I miss the hoopla and excitement that happens before the Gophers come onto the court before the game starts - that got the crowd into the game a lot more...

Top Bottom