AXS TV

washgopher

Reaction score
anyone know what channel (if any) AXS is on DirecTV? It's not 340 as that lists just movies at the time for the Battle for Atlantis?

Is that AXS though? they might not have an accurate listing for what will be on then.

I'm pretty sure it is 340, and I'm also positive I saw the Gophers-Duke game on my guide the other day when I looked. 2:30pm start, right after Missouri @ Stanford.

I'm pretty sure it is 340, and I'm also positive I saw the Gophers-Duke game on my guide the other day when I looked. 2:30pm start, right after Missouri @ Stanford.

i saw this as well

If somebody knows how to get it on Comcast. The station that everyone is passing around is no good for me. Otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for a stream on thanksgiving day.

Pretty cool game to put on a channel nobody has EVER HEARD OF!

I will be in Rochester. My brother has Charter, I saw channel #770 on the internet. He said he doesn't get it. First of all, do I have that right for Rochester? Second, should I make him upgrade?!?!

I will be in Rochester. My brother has Charter, I saw channel #770 on the internet. He said he doesn't get it. First of all, do I have that right for Rochester? Second, should I make him upgrade?!?!

There must be an online stream of it. I am going to be traveling and I have no access to DirecTV where I am going. So its either Gamecast on my phone or steaming on my iPad...either way, not thrilled its on a random channel. Mark Cuban owns AXS TV, I wonder what he did to get these games?

Pretty cool game to put on a channel nobody has EVER HEARD OF!

Yup, no reason it can't be on ESPN (especially w/ Doooook being involved). They'd rather broadcast a 30 for 30 full-day marathon, apparently. Perhaps Mark Cuban threw a bunch of broadcast rights money at the tournament organizers? I can't believe ESPN wouldn't want it, and can't believe they wouldn't outbid Cuban, and can't believe the tournament wouldn't want to be easily available to as many eyeballs as possible.

Yup, no reason it can't be on ESPN (especially w/ Doooook being involved). They'd rather broadcast a 30 for 30 full-day marathon, apparently. Perhaps Mark Cuban threw a bunch of broadcast rights money at the tournament organizers? I can't believe ESPN wouldn't want it, and can't believe they wouldn't outbid Cuban, and can't believe the tournament wouldn't want to be easily available to as many eyeballs as possible.

I dont think ESPN has any rights to this tourny....

NBC obviously purchased this tournaments tv rights to try and promote the validity of this network. If anyone is ever going to try and get the March Madness rights they have to be able to show ALL the games the way CBS does. CBS has leveraged their channels into normal cable packages, and if enough of us call to demand this channel that might help NBC get AXS in some more households....

Not directly ESPN's fault here.

And to point out the obvious, if you purchased a crappy package of channels, you may not get this channel, because you purchased a crappy package of channels.

I have Charter here in Alexandria, so I think I can help you. I have had many conversations with Charter and have several conflicting bits on information. Here is the scoop; AXS is on the Sports Tier and the price is $10 per month. This rate is pro-rated by the day so the cost is .33 per day. When you call Charter, some of the 'agents' will try to charge you 1.99 for the hook-up fee and some won't...just tell them you won't pay the 1.99 when you call. If they say you must be billed for it, hang up and call again. Call before the game and call again and cancel after the game to cancel...the cost will be 33 cents.
Keep in mind you have to have a cable box to receive the Sports Tier.

If the Gophers lose on Thursday(to Duke) their next two games(Fri & Sat) will also be on AXS. If they win, the next two games will be on NBCsports channel which is on expanded basic(which he should already have). I would assume it is the same in Rochester as it is in Alex.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: HOLD ON I MIGHT HAVE THAT WRONG. WILL GET BACK

Try a local sports bar, you can't go wrong there.
Otherwise...
Comcast is 420
Directv is 340

I have the sports tier for Xfinity in Chicago and still don't get AXS. I'd need to upgrade from digital starter ($66/month) to digital preferred ($84/month) to get it. I suppose I'll just follow online.

I have Charter here in Alexandria, so I think I can help you. I have had many conversations with Charter and have several conflicting bits on information. Here is the scoop; AXS is on the Sports Tier and the price is $10 per month. This rate is pro-rated by the day so the cost is .33 per day. When you call Charter, some of the 'agents' will try to charge you 1.99 for the hook-up fee and some won't...just tell them you won't pay the 1.99 when you call. If they say you must be billed for it, hang up and call again. Call before the game and call again and cancel after the game to cancel...the cost will be 33 cents.
Keep in mind you have to have a cable box to receive the Sports Tier.

If the Gophers lose on Thursday(to Duke) their next two games(Fri & Sat) will also be on AXS. If they win, the next two games will be on NBCsports channel which is on expanded basic(which he should already have). I would assume it is the same in Rochester as it is in Alex.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: HOLD ON I MIGHT HAVE THAT WRONG. WILL GET BACK

Just got off the phone with Charter. AXS is on a different tier. I think the name of it is ULTRA VIEW HD. The channels are; AXS, Smithsonian, Velocity,Paladiam, Universal and HD2(? or something like that).

Anyway the cost is $5 per month and is pro-rated daily. I've had the Smithsonian channel before and I like it, so for $5 I might just pick it up and keep it. Asked about Rochester and she said it is pretty much the same in all location. Oh, and this is a HD tier only. Must have a HD box. HD TV also I would imagine.

Charter phone # 1-877-286-4659

Try a local sports bar, you can't go wrong there.
Otherwise...
Comcast is 420
Directv is 340

For my area in Burnsville, channel 420 says Pop Hits on the Comcast channel guide. Of course, I'm not very good at the internet, so I may be doing it wrong.

No Axs on my cable. I now offically miss my DirecTV. I wonder which sports bars are open on Thanksgiving. Not sure I can stand a crappy online stream.

For my area in Burnsville, channel 420 says Pop Hits on the Comcast channel guide. Of course, I'm not very good at the internet, so I may be doing it wrong.

Same thing with me. That's what is so frustrating. Apparently if I live a few towns over I can get AXS but not where I am now! Ridiculous.

Anyone know of any sports bars that will be open thanksgiving day?

I downloaded the first row sports app and I get all the games not in the area Ex. I am watching that fiesty Middle Tennessee team we played in the NIT against UCF, I do not have knowledge if it will get the battle 4 atlantis but it is definitely worth the shot P.s it was free

Awesome -- Comcast doesn't carry it in my area. That's great for one the most interesting Gopher games in a long time. Hopefully it's on some sketchy site.

Well, if I can't watch it on firstrow, will I be able to get audio from client?

If I can't at least listen to the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing game, I will eat the turkey without dressing it, and I am allergic to the gobble.

Just hoping for some sketch stream at this point. As long as it's watchable I don't care if it's delayed by a minute or so. I'll just stay off the chat.

Top Bottom