Andre's marvelous minute

From the Barn

Reaction score
I'd call it Westbrookian, but defense was involved too!

GOOD! JUMPER by Hollins, Andre 09:36 44-49
STEAL by Hollins, Andre 09:26 TURNOVR by Lindsay, Cedrick
GOOD! FT SHOT by Hollins, Austin 09:24 45-49 FOUL by Brothers, Darien
GOOD! FT SHOT by Hollins, Austin 09:24 46-49
STEAL by Hollins, Andre 09:06 TURNOVR by Brothers, Darien
GOOD! LAYUP by Hollins, Andre09:02 48-49
08:39 TURNOVR by Robbins, Greg
GOOD! 3 PTR by Hollins, Andre 08:19 51-49

This is what can bring a team to the next level.

Who wants to float "The Minute Man" nickname idea past Dre?

He was feelin it... kid can put up points in a hurry when he's in his zone.

and he had no business taking that three, but I have no problem if he wants to chuck one of those once in a while.

and he had no business taking that three, but I have no problem if he wants to chuck one of those once in a while.

Yup, he's probably the only guy on the team that I'd be okay with taking a shot whenever he feels like it. I think Tubby feels the same way.

Amazing how one minute can completely dictate the outcome of a game. Without that minute from Andre I'm not sure the Gophers win the game. Great to have a few players that I feel are capable of doing the same thing.

Every time he has spurts like this, I immediately think of that highlight video where he dropped 47 (or something like that) on Findlay Prep his senior year in high school. The guy can absolutely take over a game when he's on. Hopefully we see that more and more as he continues to mature.

you mean this?
<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/hsYFgpG7eAI.x?p=1" width="720" height="433" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hsYFgpG7eAI" style="display:none"></embed>

Ahhh, 46. I figured I might have been off on the point total.

Cool video. Has anyone else noticed Andre's "hunched" dribble? He doesn't do it all the time but sometimes he like arches his back when dribbling...looks like Quasimodo a bit. I have never seen another player do it. Its off-topic, but its real.

I love Andre's game. He is electric when he gets going and all good teams have that. You need a guard who can bring the team back or put a team away with a 2-minute stretch of greatness, he can do that.

Oh, he can definitely fill it up. There will likely be plenty of games where he has bursts like this one. Maybe even this Thursday.... :)

Cool video. Has anyone else noticed Andre's "hunched" dribble? He doesn't do it all the time but sometimes he like arches his back when dribbling...looks like Quasimodo a bit. I have never seen another player do it. Its off-topic, but its real.

I love Andre's game. He is electric when he gets going and all good teams have that. You need a guard who can bring the team back or put a team away with a 2-minute stretch of greatness, he can do that.

khoffman43...if you don't hunch over slightly as a guard to protect the ball...you go ahead and dribble standing straight, and I will have the quickest guard pick your pocket for lay up after lay up until your coach benches you.

khoffman43...if you don't hunch over slightly as a guard to protect the ball...you go ahead and dribble standing straight, and I will have the quickest guard pick your pocket for lay up after lay up until your coach benches you.

I understand that, thank you. He arches his back in a weird way. He doesn't bend at his waist as much as he bends his back so it looks unusual.

Also, if I was playing against you I would kill your team in the post.

The only thing stranger than Dre's "turtle dribble" is Mbakwe's pigeon toes. I honestly don't know how he runs without tripping on his own feet. It's funny how super athletic people sometimes have those little quirks to there athleticism.

I understand that, thank you. He arches his back in a weird way. He doesn't bend at his waist as much as he bends his back so it looks unusual.

Also, if I was playing against you I would kill your team in the post.

You've heard of the crab dribble??? Usually done by post's

This is called the raptor dribble....

Such a worthy thread topic.... Best thing that has happened on the court all year. I'm going to put a request out there... Is there someone that can put together that segment of time into a video. It's worth it for posterity sake. Simply amazing and at a time when that game was very quickly spinning out of control. I've made the comparison before... when I first saw him put his head down and do a beeline to the basket he completely reminded my of Demitri McCamey from Illinois a couple years ago. Did anybody else see a guy in the second half that has obviously been working on his dribbling ability. Well done young man.... and keeep it up.

Andre also bobs his neck in and out. Most turtley player since Mike Tisdale for Illinois, but he was a 12 foot tall turtle which is odd. They don't usually get that big or poorly execute easy hook shots.

I think we need a new thread to decide what animal/creature he most looks like. Is it a turtle, raptor or something else? Regardless, its effective.

I will say Chris Bosh looks more like a raptor at all times than anyone else does, ever.

In honor of Maryland joining the B1G, I'll say turtle...

Say what ya want, but I always thought Royce White looked and acted like a vulture.

It doesn't matter what anyone says here. In the morning after routine, everyone has the "zackly's"

Our tongues feel zackly like we licked the bottom of a bird cage.

In my youth, I had a friend who was so stupid that he lost his gum in a chicken coop and thought he found it 3 times.

Top Bottom