Gophers Enter The Top 25?

sidefx182

Reaction score
According to CBSSPORTS we are the #19 team in the country. BOA should really let us know where we stand.

Anyone think we enter either the coaches or AP rankings?

I think we have a decent shot at the AP, maybe not the Coaches.

They should jump Murray State (L vs Colorado), VCU (L vs Murray State) and Wisconsin (L vs Florida)...this would put the Gophers at 25 in the AP poll. Not positive that they jump Wisco though...a loss to Florida isn't that bad of a loss.

Coaches poll I don't see happening this time around.

They should jump Murray State (L vs Colorado), VCU (L vs Murray State) and Wisconsin (L vs Florida)...this would put the Gophers at 25 in the AP poll. Not positive that they jump Wisco though...a loss to Florida isn't that bad of a loss.

Maybe if Wisconsin had only lost by single digits, but they were run out of the gym from the very start. It was a pretty poor showing.

Maybe if Wisconsin had only lost by single digits, but they were run out of the gym from the very start. It was a pretty poor showing.

You're probably right. Its all a moot point if the Gophers go 1-2 or 0-3 in the Bahamas.

Notre Dame may fall out of the top 25 too after their loss to St.Joes on Friday.

Colorado won a tournament, which is impressive and probably puts them in. Definitely jump Murray St., and my VCU who lost at home to Wichita St. (not Murray) by 2. Gophers go 2-1 in Atlantis and they're definitely top 25!

19th CBS Sports Top 25+1
30th (others receiving votes) in the Coaches Poll.
31st (others receiving votes) in ESPN power rankings.

We ain't there yet gang...Keep working and keep winning. We will get there, when we deserve to be there. A W vs Duke could do it.

26... SO CLOSE.

But look who has 33 more votes than Wisconsin!:clap:

Ya, So close, like when I was with a gal when I was age 14, many years ago.
Ah, the Renascence, a much less pure time than people would want you to believe. Though I am sure you know all about that Dr. Don.

Beginning of the season pre-season expectations almost always outweigh actual performance.

That ticks me right off. Neither of their wins is as good as Richmond, we have 4 wins to their 2, and they lost and we haven't. I can't wait to plaster Bo's club twice this season.

I for one, am glad we're not ranked going into the tournament. I think the rankings mess with some of the kids' heads and also makes us look like more of a threat to upset Duke. I wanna go under the radar.

UCONN just went down. A solid showing by our Gophers in the Bahamas should see us ranked after Thanksgiving. 2-1 with any combination should put us between 20-25. 2-1 with a win against Duke will put us around 15-20. Winning the whole thing could place us right around the top 10-15.

Go 1-2 and and we'll remain unranked.

New Mexico just went down. A solid showing by our Gophers in the Bahamas should see us ranked after Thanksgiving. 2-1 with any combination should put us between 20-25. 2-1 with a win against Duke will put us around 15-20. Winning the whole thing could place us right around the top 10-15.

Go 1-2 and and we'll remain unranked.

You mean Uconn went down. New Mexico just beat them.

Tubby for all his faults has a pretty good track record against top teams in non-conference....Louisville, Butler, UNC, West Virginia, maybe we've got a shot?

Top Bottom