Charley Walters: Gophers vs. Duke could sway top recruits

This is one of those, "ive got no information so I need to state the obvious to fill space" blurbs by Shooter. I'll call him captain obvious after this blurb.. notice, no quotes, etc. its just him stating what half of us say at the bar when talking gophers hoops.

As I scroll down the column a bit, I see a bit about former Gophers punter Adam Kelly, talking about the time he punted a Gophers record 11 times against Nebraska. If my memory's correct, Kelly is the ex-Gopher who led the embarrassing campaign regarding the hiring of the next football coach after Brewster was fired, am I right? His new venture sounds like a solid gold scheme, where do I sign up?

And further down the column, I see Jay Pivec is in the Hall of Fame? Now, Pivec is a fine coach, no question about that, but what Hall of Fame are we talking about?

Nothing quite like a Charley Walters column :).

As I scroll down the column a bit, I see a bit about former Gophers punter Adam Kelly, talking about the time he punted a Gophers record 11 times against Nebraska. If my memory's correct, Kelly is the ex-Gopher who led the embarrassing campaign regarding the hiring of the next football coach after Brewster was fired, am I right? His new venture sounds like a solid gold scheme, where do I sign up?

And further down the column, I see Jay Pivec is in the Hall of Fame? Now, Pivec is a fine coach, no question about that, but what Hall of Fame are we talking about?

Nothing quite like a Charley Walters column :).

Yup

Top Bottom