Alex Foster on Tubby: "He can be like a father figure to me."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Nice article on Foster:

Foster, Seton ready to run

With his senior year destination decided, all that remained was a college choice, and in October, Foster, the product of a solid upbringing by both parents, told the world he had decided upon Minnesota. The honor roll student narrowed a list of suitors that had included Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Harvard, Tennessee and of course, Illinois.

Golden Gophers head coach Tubby Smith won. Perhaps it was his breakfast casserole recipe. He cooked for recruits on a visit and had eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins and fresh fruit. Foster noticed the side of compassion.

“He said he just loves my game, and when a legend like that says he loves my game, how can you not like that?” Foster said. “He can be like a father figure to me. I don’t need one because I have a great father, but it just shows he’s there for his players. He’s not just there for the job. He actually cares.”

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high...cle_f94338bd-4fe3-51cd-b404-dfe8dbaae36c.html

Go Gophers!!

I think we are going to love this kid. Solid student and sounds like he has great character.

I think we are going to love this kid. Solid student and sounds like he has great character.

He is a high character kid. I am not a big fan of his game, though. Watched him last night to see if he had improved since last year. Didn't see it. He scored only 5 points even though his team topped 80. He disappears on offense. Not close to being the best player on his high school team. Still has time to improve, but his game has trended downward for several years.

He is a high character kid. I am not a big fan of his game, though. Watched him last night to see if he had improved since last year. Didn't see it. He scored only 5 points even though his team topped 80. He disappears on offense. Not close to being the best player on his high school team. Still has time to improve, but his game has trended downward for several years.

I had read that at one time, possibly as a freshman or sophomore he was rated #25 in the country and has fallen. Hopefully things turn around for him.

I had read that at one time, possibly as a freshman or sophomore he was rated #25 in the country and has fallen. Hopefully things turn around for him.

I saw Foster again today against Champaign Centennial. His team lost 64-62 and Foster had zero points. He played only 15 minutes. He looks lost out there. I hope he finds his game.

Centennial has a junior who is very good. 6-9 Michael Finke, who has offers from a number of Big Ten schools, had 25 for the winners.

Top Bottom