Post game notes from Tubby, Trevor, Rodney, Andre and the latest scorer,Kendal Shell!

GopherLady

Reaction score
These are not at all exact, just typing on my iPhone as they talked, gives you the gist of the comments:

Kendall Shell

(when I went over to get the 1st interview with him, Joe Coleman Ooooo'ed, as media never goes to him)
Let me put a shirt on I'm gonna blush

(on scoring his 1st points) It's huge, I've been trying to get it for years now

(His) Biggest strength is getting people the ball, that's why I like playing point guard so much.

Andre Hollins

Rodney is our leader, we feed off his play. He's more focused than he's ever been. We feed off his dunks.

I know I can score, but I need to look for my teammates 1st. If the d goes after them, I can be wide open.

Rodney Williams

On Austin- coming into this year, we knew the older guys would have to be the leaders, Austin got more confident

I went up, and got stitches... (then Oto interrupted and said that Rodney was crying. They were going back and forth on how Oto had to comfort him)

Trevor:

On Shell and Halvorsen: Nice to get them to showcase their talents, they work hard everyday at practice.

I was caught off guard, I wasn't expecting it. (Going into the game so early)

Tubby:

I thought our depth and our bench were good, Rodney is playing extremely well. We're unselfish. Need to do a better job of taking care of the basketball. Our defense is further along than our offense right now.

The zone slowed us up some, our guys had good composure.

Mo is taking up a lot of space inside.

Our interior has been very impressive, we are getting open looks.

Andre and Joe are playing stronger and smarter (and Elliott) because they've gotten another year. There's chemistry, because we've kept that unit together.

On Andre: I like seeing him take care of the ball, 5 assists, getting to the ft line where's he's usually automatic. We have other guys on the perimeter that can find him as well.

Well, you can now check "Interview Kendal Shell" off your bucket list. You've made it, GL.

Well, you can now check "Interview Kendal Shell" off your bucket list. You've made it, GL.

I'm grinning from ear to ear. I actually said I could get hit by a bus and my life would be complete. Thank god he didn't score his 1st points during the last game I missed. I would have traded The Boss's sweaty high five to see this monumental night any day!

I think Shell and Mav should switch minutes. Shell is a much better player.

I found it surprising that Halvorson didn't get into last night's game. I noticed he started to unzip his warm-up jacket when Shell went into the gam. Halvorson looked at Tubby and Tubby turned to look in the other direction and never did put Chris into the game.

Top Bottom