Wisconsin @ Florida Tonight

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Anyone else going to tune in to see if RS Frosh extraordinaire George Marshall is the next great PG, or to confirm that Sam Dekker is in fact the greatest thing since sliced bread? ;)

I haven't seen them play yet but I have some co-workers that have been gushing over their first couple of games. It should be interesting to see what they look like against an elite team, on the road, and without Taylor.

Wisconsin is really struggling with the full court press. We need to press them all game.

Down 6. Not much from Dekker yet.

I like how we match up against Wisconsin. I look forward to pounding them in big ten play!

43-31 Florida lead at half. Sconnie not getting their usual scoring defense in this one.

the Grinch can't work over the refs on the road like he does at home.

florida kicking Bo's arse. Gotta love it.

I can't wait until January 26. The Kohl Center is walking distance from my place. I just need to find tickets.

I can't wait until January 26. The Kohl Center is walking distance from my place. I just need to find tickets.

If Ted Valentine is reffing, save your money. You know how that will come out.

Becky's having a hard time with Florida's athleticism. I can see the Gophers giving Becky some serious problems with the press. On the flip side, nice to see Bruiser with the fro!

Becky's having a hard time with Florida's athleticism. I can see the Gophers giving Becky some serious problems with the press. On the flip side, nice to see Bruiser with the fro!

Glad that YOU are watching hair styles.

Bruiser is garbage. I remember laughing at a lot of Badger fans when they were bragging that they got Mr. Basketball in Minnesota. I had to explain to them that we didn't recruit him because we got a 5 star and 4 star from in state in the same class at the same position.

Did Bruiser, Mbakwe and Halverson all play together at Henry Sibley or was Mbakwe already gone?

In Becky's defense, this is a pretty good Florida team and a road game.

In Becky's defense, this is a pretty good Florida team and a road game.

XMan...how can you in good conscience come to Becky's defense for anything? Buck the Fadgers.

When's the last time a Bo Ryan Badger team has been this thoroughly picked apart?

XMan...how can you in good conscience come to Becky's defense for anything? Buck the Fadgers.

Doc I apologize for my poor judgement. I just hope we pound them in a similar way.

I believe Bo actually turned green a few times tonight...
Florida just gave Tubby some great tape on how to dismantle Becky come B1G season.

Not a very good performance from "potentially Bo Ryan's most talented team".

Badgers didn't work the clock like they usually do, they looked offensively challanged but they always do, only the second game but they uncharateristically took shots early in the shot clock, defensively they looked overmatched, Florida is probably one of the top teams though.

When's the last time a Bo Ryan Badger team has been this thoroughly picked apart?

They got blitzed a couple years ago in Columbus, and lost 93-65.

They lost by 18 at Michigan last year, but they only gave up 59 points in that game. They had some other double-digit losses with a smaller margin last year but none where the opponent got a ton of points (all were held under 70).

This thread is somewhat amusing. Folks ripping the Badgers for getting beat soundly on the road by a top 10 team. Not the first time it's happened and certainly not the last. I commented to my Packer fan co-workers not too long ago that it seems like Minnesota fans (myself included at times) get more of a kick out of a Wisconsin team losing than they do out of their own teams winning. There seemed to be less discussion about the thrashing of Toledo the other night.

Didn't the Strib have an article the other day that Wisconsin has finished higher than Minnesota in the Big Ten standings every year since the Final 4 year in '97? Couple that with the 9 game losing streak in football, I just don't get the "little brother" syndrome Gopher fans seem to have. I hate Wisconsin, but I have to just tip my hat because at the end of the day they somehow get it done and pretty much own both teams I cheer for and follow.

First time I've personally watched a game where the Badgers were thoroughly dismantled since the Duke game a few years back. Looks like the exact same team we've seen the past few years. Not particularly athletic, not very quick. Will be well coached however and will play well positionally most of the time. Seems like they'll struggle against teams with good athletes with quickness. Overall, doesn't look like much has changed based on one game. But therein lies the rub: it's just one game. And Florida is obviously going to be very good. I'm sure Bo will coach them up like he does every year.

We talk about it this much because it gives us a glimmer of hope that we can break some of these streaks that you mention.

Top Bottom