Gophers USC December 8

AuEGO4

Goldy is my Home Boy
Reaction score
Since I had so much fun 2 years ago at the USC Football game and I am still stationed on the West Coast I figure I should take in a basketball game while my Gophers are in town. I just bought my tickets on StubHub (4th row next to the student section) and am really getting excited for this game. I know the Gophers will be good this year (or at least I hope), but I really don't know what to expect from the USC team/gameday experience. Are there any other West Coast Gophers headed to this game? Anyone have a scouting report on USC? Their message boards are pretty tame and football focused so not much info there. If there are some Gophers planning to attend maybe we can meet up for a pregame beverage.
SKI U MAH

USC beat Long Beach State 62-44 last night. LBSU is rebuilding after losing a ton of seniors, but it's still one of the favorites to win the Big West. Not sure what this all means at this point, but I suspect the Trojans will not be an easy out for the Gophers.

Alert to Dr. Don: expect lots of "texts" from our home boy AUEGO4 :clap::clap::clap:

goldyspop;604013[B said:
]Alert to Dr. Don[/B]: expect lots of "texts" from our home boy AUEGO4 :clap::clap::clap:

The MF better send us some "texts", because if he doesn't, he will be relegated to the ladder called my $hit list. And trust me, pops, my $hit list is long and tenuous. Once on it, it really takes a lot to get off it. Just don't move up the ladder, that is my word of caution.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQahBn4Z_qCAK0XYGcMqGgEecoa4v6Po3--XZZa5RWLAEqPsGMc

I am expecting some text photos from the pup, he has my cell number. :rockon:

p.s. AUEGO4 has the very best moniker in the History of GopherHole. But I expect nothing less when a GO4 is your hero. :)

I don't want to be on that list Doc so I will abide by the requests for which you have laid before me.

Not sure how much USC has improved from last year, but they were not a very good team when we played them in 2011-12. I think we beat them by 15 to 20 points. I am not sure if they won more than 8 games last year and they lost a lot in PAC-10 play. I hope they have improved but I expect this would be a game the gophers should win. But a road game against a PAC-10 school is never a cake walk.

working on it. getty, eat/drink then the game

Not sure how much USC has improved from last year, but they were not a very good team when we played them in 2011-12. I think we beat them by 15 to 20 points. I am not sure if they won more than 8 games last year and they lost a lot in PAC-10 play. I hope they have improved but I expect this would be a game the gophers should win. But a road game against a PAC-10 school is never a cake walk.

Calling them "not a very good team" would be a compliment. They were a putrid bottom-feeder in a Pac-12 that was both flirting with Juan Bid, and one of the worst major conferences since the term "major conference" was adopted.

From a USC buddy:
Here is a map of the area

http://binged.it/Y2iJwO

There is a structure at the corner of Exposition Blvd and S Flower St. That can be a challenge at the end of the game when everyone tries to leave at once. It also fills up so you'd have to get there early.

There is an entrance to a bar at about the "g" in S Figueroa St. if you wanted to get there early and grab a drink.

The ESPN announcers during the the Florida St. game were talking about our tough schedule and referenced this game being that it is on the road. There have been a few other write ups I have seen that say our toughest game from here on out befoe B1G play is @USC. Is anyone really that worried about this one? Personally the SDSU game at home worries me a little more than USC. I know they have improved some since last year and it is on the road but I'm curious how everyone else views this.

Top Bottom