SportsNation poll currently has Gophers #1

Cayman

Reaction score
So I went over to the ESPN board for the Minnesota/Toledo game after I got back, and I saw posts reminding Minnesota fans to vote to put the Gophers at #1 in the SportsNation poll, which is working brilliantly so far, as the Gophers are indeed in the top spot with nearly twice as many points as the poll's current #2 VCU. The poll asks voters to rate the current AP top 30 teams in order. Currently Minnesota and a few mid-majors are occupying the top 5 spots, and in last at #30 is none other than the Wisconsin Badgers.

Obviously this doesn't mean anything, but I think it's cool that Gopher fans on ESPN were able to get our fanbase to do this, plus it could mean we get a mention on TV when this poll comes up on the show (assuming such polls are used as discussion topics, I don't watch SportsNation, so I don't really know).

Nice! Made sure I put the Gophers #1 and Badgers #30 :)

gophers #1 by a big lead...Go Gophers!!!

I went back a second time, voted again...Gophers #1, Badgers #30 every time.

Gophers with 1,438 first-place votes ... next closest is Indiana with 320. lol, way to spam it Minnesota :)

Bad news, we've dropped into 2nd place. Louisville has passed us, at least one poster in the comment section thinks it is ESPN fudging the numbers. According to him, the number of votes to number of points they have don't add up. Also keep in mind that last night we were in first by a long shot with nearly twice as many points as second place, and Louisville wasn't even in the top five. Go vote some more if you have nothing else to do!

Kind of stupid IMO. Kind of like when the MLB section on ESPN.com had a fan rankings playoffs for stadiums and Brewers fans spammed the poll making Miller Park win. I ranked the Gophers 15th because I think they are 15th best.

Kind of stupid IMO. Kind of like when the MLB section on ESPN.com had a fan rankings playoffs for stadiums and Brewers fans spammed the poll making Miller Park win. I ranked the Gophers 15th because I think they are 15th best.

Honesty has no place in the life of ratings by fans. Stop being so damned honest and give the Gophers more #1 votes. Period.

Get off your lazy asses and vote Minnesota #1, Louisville 29, Wisky 30

Don't even rank Wisconsin - it only requires you to rank the top 5. Ski-U-Mah!

Honesty has no place in the life of ratings by fans. Stop being so damned honest and give the Gophers more #1 votes. Period.

Better listen to him son, he's a doctor.

Nope. It really is just a contest to see which fans have the most time on their hands.

If you guys think it is that important, all the power to you. I just think it is silly.

Nope. It really is just a contest to see which fans have the most time on their hands.

If you guys think it is that important, all the power to you. I just think it is silly.

Some of us like to have fun.

Top Bottom