OSU Game Fiasco

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
What a dumb idea! Playing a game outdoors on a carrier.

What a dumb idea! Playing a game outdoors on a carrier.

Ya, and the next thing that will happen is some colleges will choose to play a hockey game outside at a baseball stadium.

What's dumber is that they had no back-up plan for doing something different once the women's game started. It was a fiasco. I just find it pretty ridiculous that they say they're doing this for the troops, but have no interest in trying it tomorrow INDOORS at The Citadel simply because the two teams have to travel back for a game SUNDAY against Cupcake City. Very disappointing, very poor planning. I guess that's what you get when Gene Smith (OSU AD) is involved.

I think they should play basketball games in basketball arenas.

I think they should play basketball games in basketball arenas.

I agree. I'm not a fan of doing this at all. Once every few years is okay, but doing several every year is too much. They should make these games exhibitions too if you ask me.

I agree. I'm not a fan of doing this at all. Once every few years is okay, but doing several every year is too much. They should make these games exhibitions too if you ask me.
It would be cooler if the boat was moving

ESPN had its highest rated college basketball game in November EVER last year with the Carrier Classic. They'll do it again next year with a better contingency plan in place.

MU freshman Steve Taylor shows how awful the court was... unreal. It's not like there were a couple spots to mop up. It was a ridiculous, sloppy mess.

It wasn't just that it was docked in the ocean, it was the drop of temperature as it got colder outside. The women's game was able to be played, and it started at 4 EST.

I felt they shouldn't have started the game at night anyway because it takes away from the scenic views that you otherwise would have on an aircraft carrier outside. Obviously the condensation proved to be a better reason to start the games earlier. I don't doubt the Carrier Classic will try again, but with different plans - I think in the future they definitely should not start the carrier games in the evening, a 3 PM or 4 PM start is probably the latest they should try.

Any chance the Gophers could play a game on a grain ship in Duluth Harbor in the future? :p

Why go all the way to Duluth Olie, we could have the game on the Mississippi or just wait until it freezes and do Minnetonka in front of Fletchers.

Haha, I like the moving boat idea.

ESPN should televise a game on playground of NYC or Chicago...blacktop, chain-link nets, the whole deal. LOL. Kentucky vs North Carolina or something like that.

basketball used to be played outside, in the rain - including one olympic gold medal game, but that was a wee bit ago, 1936

Could fit a slightly shorter court up here.
nadal--federer-en-dubai.jpg

But they would also have to put a cage around the court, for obvious reasons, and really get back to why basketball teams are called "cagers".

But they would also have to put a cage around the court, for obvious reasons, and really get back to why basketball teams are called "cagers".

That court would fit nicely on top of Nelson Hall(my former home) at Moorhead, don't you think Doc?

It wasn't just that it was docked in the ocean, it was the drop of temperature as it got colder outside. The women's game was able to be played, and it started at 4 EST.

I felt they shouldn't have started the game at night anyway because it takes away from the scenic views that you otherwise would have on an aircraft carrier outside. Obviously the condensation proved to be a better reason to start the games earlier. I don't doubt the Carrier Classic will try again, but with different plans - I think in the future they definitely should not start the carrier games in the evening, a 3 PM or 4 PM start is probably the latest they should try.

You would think they would have installed heating coils under the field/court,. idiots......Maturi must have been involved.

Maybe this is too obvious, but why don't they use more of a hardtop surface like asphalt or the stuff they use to make tennis/volleyball courts?

Top Bottom