Observation on site traffic and what it could mean

khoffman43

Reaction score
So I am bored at work and noticed how many "views" the "All Things Tyus Jones" thread has. Its over 100,000. The next highest is around 1/2 that ("All Things Rashad Vaughn") number of views.

It also has 300+ more posts than the next highest (All Things Royce White) thread.

I know the site has become more popular and there are more members/visitors/contributors but it is amazing to me that Tyus creates so much more interest than Vaughn.

Would a commitment from Tyus Jones make Gopher basketball instantly popular with the general fan base? Would season ticket sales increase significantly? My girlfriend said she will buy season tickets if he commits because she enjoys watching him play that much.

Again, I am bored at work so sorry for the lack of direction on this post.

I think it is well deserved that Tyus gets that much support here and everywhere. Kid is a great great talent.

However, it is disappointing that Vaughn's is only half that. He is very close to Tyus and would be an almost equal jolt to this program.

Both of them together or alone would propel this program so much just by committing as long as they eventually made it into the court. Unlike Royce.

I think it is well deserved that Tyus gets that much support here and everywhere. Kid is a great great talent.

However, it is disappointing that Vaughn's is only half that. He is very close to Tyus and would be an almost equal jolt to this program.

Both of them together or alone would propel this program so much just by committing as long as they eventually made it into the court. Unlike Royce.

I don't disagree its deserved but the volume of attention was a bit startling to me.

Tyus is incredible but its not like Vaughn isn't similarly sought after by high level programs. Might be a notch below, but its not far.

I think it stems from that fact that Tyus has been know for such a long period of time. If I'm not mistaken he stared for AV as an 8th grader, while I personally hadn't heard much about Vaughn until toward the end of last high school season. I'd be just as happy to get either one, and am beginning to lean toward wanting Vaughn more, but that may just be because I feel we have a better shot at landing him.

Another item to consider is that so much more has been written about Jones over the years - many more recruiting interviews, profiles (both nationally and locally), his involvement with Team USA, etc. That drives a lot more updates to the threads.

Go Gophers!!

Another item to consider is that so much more has been written about Jones over the years - many more recruiting interviews, profiles (both nationally and locally), his involvement with Team USA, etc. That drives a lot more updates to the threads.

Go Gophers!!

And you know Bleed is all over any Gopher article that is known to man and will get it to us. Amazing the work you do, greatly appreciated!

Since Tyus Jones is the highest ranked prospect in his class and this is his "home town" board, there may be a lot of recruitniks from all over the country that have bookmarked the thread and check it regularly for any news.

Of course Tyus generates a lot of interest. Keep in mind, though that thread was started 16 months ago, and all things Tyus go into it. That has a tendency to add to pages, posts and views. I actually don't look at that thread or visit the BB site much anymore because I don't feel like digging through all the pages to see what's new. And there seems to be fewer new threads/discussions because everything goes into existing threads.

Of course Tyus generates a lot of interest. Keep in mind, though that thread was started 16 months ago, and all things Tyus go into it. That has a tendency to add to pages, posts and views. I actually don't look at that thread or visit the BB site much anymore because I don't feel like digging through all the pages to see what's new. And there seems to be fewer new threads/discussions because everything goes into existing threads.

Ya, and were you a good student in English Literature??? :)

Exactly right. I think Vaughn deserves way more attention than he's getting

I think it stems from that fact that Tyus has been know for such a long period of time. If I'm not mistaken he stared for AV as an 8th grader, while I personally hadn't heard much about Vaughn until toward the end of last high school season. I'd be just as happy to get either one, and am beginning to lean toward wanting Vaughn more, but that may just be because I feel we have a better shot at landing him.

Vaughn sort of exploded onto the scene and really started getting national attention more recently, thats for sure. Tyus started as an 8th grader and of course is on Team USA and has other accolades Vaughn doesn't.

I have said to others and will say it here, I would take any combination of the "big 3" from 2014 (Jones, Vaughn, Travis). I would prefer Jones and Vaughn but if you get any 2 of those 3 (or all 3!) it would be huge for the program. I don't think there has ever been a time when so many top tier players were in the same class in MN at the same time.

Go Gophers!!

This, and most people believe we have less of a shot for Jones, so there has been more conversation/arguments about if the Gophers have a shot with him or not. Most agree we are definitely in the mix for Vaughn, where as there's more mixed opinions on Jones.

Top Bottom