Michael Rand: Is this the year the Gophers are finally better than the Badgers?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This is depressing:

But we want to present to you a statistic that -- if you root for the Gophers -- is just as sickening: The last time the Gophers finished above the Badgers in the Big Ten men's BASKETBALL standings was 1997-98 (a year technically vacated by the fraud scandal, but one which counted on the court at the time). That season, Wisconsin was 3-13 in conference play; Minnesota was 6-10. Since then? Nothing.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/177682601.html

Go Gophers!!

This is depressing:

But we want to present to you a statistic that -- if you root for the Gophers -- is just as sickening: The last time the Gophers finished above the Badgers in the Big Ten men's BASKETBALL standings was 1997-98 (a year technically vacated by the fraud scandal, but one which counted on the court at the time). That season, Wisconsin was 3-13 in conference play; Minnesota was 6-10. Since then? Nothing.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/177682601.html

Go Gophers!!

Indeed. The rivalry definitely goes in cycles. In the 50 seasons from 1948-49 to 1997-98, Wisconsin had a better Big Ten record than the Gophers just eight times. Hopefully, we can get the cycle to change back in our favor once again.

Indeed. The rivalry definitely goes in cycles. In the 50 seasons from 1948-49 to 1997-98, Wisconsin had a better Big Ten record than the Gophers just eight times. Hopefully, we can get the cycle to change back in our favor once again.

Bo Ryan started in 2001-02, he's had an unbelievable run. I think this year the Gophers finish ahead of the Badgers. I'm not so sure about next year, and the next year...

Bilas has us higher than the Badgers at 37 vs 49. They are having the same problems we have had the last two years with injuries including an ACL to their newly named starting PG early. Hopefully we can stay healthy and make a good run in the dance.

I always believe we are 'better than' the Badgers. Now, being able to beat them, is another matter entirely. ;)

Top Bottom