Post game notes from Tubby, Trevor and Joe Coleman

GopherLady

Reaction score
It was very informal, stand around, so couldn't type. I caught what I could, but if the beat writers have quotes, those are more accurate, I summarized.

Here you go:

Joe Coleman
I played pretty good, had 3 to's, so need some decision making

I know how the college game works and it's easier for me now

Worked on a lot of ball handling, coming off screens, shooting in the off season.

Tubby said we had about 10 to's, eliminate them as much as possible. Limit their 3 pt attempts too.

Trevor Mbakwe:

When I make a cut, sometime it will be in the back of my head.

Joe is playing with a lot of confidence

I have faith in this team, I know how they work. I didn't expect the attention it got

When asked if the offer still on the table for paying back his scholarship? No comment (laughing).

I think I could be a big piece if how far we go.

I would not say I'm 100 %. I'm not as explosive as the goals I've set for myself.

Tubby Smith:

Tubby: on lack of Trevor's minutes..I don't care about the minutes, I don't pay attention. As long as we win, that's all I care about.

Tubby: hope Trevor reaches his full potential. Thought he could be a 1st round draft pick last yr, 1st one in a while here.

Tubby: missed Trevor's dunk. He needs to get better at his defense. Liked his lateral quickness. #gophers

Tubby: Joe has gotten stronger, a year older, he's a kid that's committed. His brother Dan works with him all the time.

Tubby: Joe Coleman came ready to play. He's our most consistent player in practice. #gophers

Tubby: the things we are most concerned about is taking care of the basketball, we did a poor job. #gophers

Joe Coleman got player of he game and deserved it. Looked so quick tonight.

It was very informal, stand around, so couldn't type. I caught what I could, but if the beat writers have quotes, those are more accurate, I summarized.

Here you go:

Joe Coleman
I played pretty good, had 3 to's, so need some decision making

I know how the college game works and it's easier for me now

Worked on a lot of ball handling, coming off screens, shooting in the off season.

Tubby said we had about 10 to's, eliminate them as much as possible. Limit their 3 pt attempts too.

Trevor Mbakwe:

When I make a cut, sometime it will be in the back of my head.

Joe is playing with a lot of confidence

I have faith in this team, I know how they work. I didn't expect the attention it got

When asked if the offer still on the table for paying back his scholarship? No comment (laughing).

I think I could be a big piece if how far we go.

I would not say I'm 100 %. I'm not as explosive as the goals I've set for myself.

Tubby Smith:

Tubby: on lack of Trevor's minutes..I don't care about the minutes, I don't pay attention. As long as we win, that's all I care about.

Tubby: hope Trevor reaches his full potential. Thought he could be a 1st round draft pick last yr, 1st one in a while here.

Tubby: missed Trevor's dunk. He needs to get better at his defense. Liked his lateral quickness. #gophers

Tubby: Joe has gotten stronger, a year older, he's a kid that's committed. His brother Dan works with him all the time.

Tubby: Joe Coleman came ready to play. He's our most consistent player in practice. #gophers

Tubby: the things we are most concerned about is taking care of the basketball, we did a poor job. #gophers

Did Tubby really say "hashtag gophers" after all those quotes? Weird.

Thanks as always GopherLady! I had to miss the game tonight and it's nice logging on here so quickly after the game to get your notes!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks as always GopherLady! I had to miss the game tonight and it's nice logging on here so quickly after the game to get your notes!

Go Gophers!!

I know! I love your new seats so I can always see when you come and go...the Barn wasn't the same without you...or the 9,000 other people that didn't show up ;)

Top Bottom