All access is sucking once again

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems? All I get is a frozen screen.

Anyone else having problems? All I get is a frozen screen.

I hate that crap. That's why I just "patiently" wait for TV games. For this one I'll just wait for it on BTN. Think it's maybe Thursday at noon.

Had just one freeze with about 3 mins in the half - missed just one FT miss by EE.. Other than that, the pic quality is poor compared to the MSU game on Friday. Q and the other PbyP guy just talk about all kinds of stuff other the what's happening on the court - frustrating as well.

Just purchased All-Access to watch the game. So far it's not working. This is ridiculous.

Can anyone with All Access compare the picture to the one at firstrowsports.eu and tell me if it's significantly better? I'm debating whether to bother paying for the access and it doesn't sound like it. But the picture quality from firstrow isn't great.

Yep, freezing and poor quality picture.

3 minutes ago is the first time that it crapped out for me.

Mine was freezing and had unusually poor picture quality all night, now it's completely down.

I ended up watching on firstrow which worked good. Time to cancel All-Access.

I barely had any problems. It skipped a bit for about 5 seconds at a time, but it was nothing unbearable.

Missed about 5 minutes of the 2nd half - I'll give it another shot - but ready to send a refund request (like last year) to the BTN or All Access.

Last year was a different story. All-Access did the right thing by not charging subscribers for the garbage that we got last year. It sounds like this year there is quite a variety of experiences. Speaking for myself... we had a 3 minute hiccup for tonight's game early in the 2nd half... but overall I have been very pleased with the image quality and well worth the $10.

Almost signed up for All Access today, they lost me once they asked me to create an account. So I don't feel bad that they had problems. I do feel bad that I have no idea how the team looked. All the little cone men on CBSSports look alike.

Any thoughts on the game from someone who saw part(s) of it?

Almost signed up for All Access today, they lost me once they asked me to create an account. So I don't feel bad that they had problems. I do feel bad that I have no idea how the team looked. All the little cone men on CBSSports look alike.

Any thoughts on the game from someone who saw part(s) of it?

Was there tonight.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Joe Coleman, while dominant in these games has still not shown a jump shot. It's going to be tough to score in the Big Ten when you can't pull up and hit a jumper. I will say that his driving ability is very good.

2. I'm worried about Trevor. He just doesn't look the same. I think maybe is Minnesotans were spoiled with how Adrian Peterson came back from his ACL without missing a beat. Trevor is very hesitant, almost scared. He plays hot potato with the ball. He won't take on a defender and back him down. He just kicks it out to the 3-point arc.

3. Andre Hollins can ball. He has a better shot this year, and can create his own shot even better than last year. He will be very good.

4. Rodney still can't shoot free throws. He does look very good around the basket though.

5. Oto seems to have a better stroke from behind the arc this year.

6. Elliot looks about the same as last year. Still uncoordinated. When he's not rebounding like tonight, he is useless to us.

7. Nobody will score on Mo Walker without working very hard. He is a brick wall.

8. Charles Buggs shows promise. Man are his arms long.

9. Maverick will be best used against a zone. Stick him on the 3 point arc and let him catch and shoot. I don't trust him in any other area of the game.

10. Not much to say about Welch. He appears to have lost some weight so that's good. Expect the same as last year.

11. Andre Ingram looks improved. He had an ugly jump shot but looks much more coordinated on the court.

12. Austin Hollins was off tonight. We all know he can get hot though.

13. Turnovers and free throws will be out Achilles heel again this year, but we are more athletic and bigger this year. We will fair well.

I was there......

Williams and Coleman looked solid!!
I heard a few say Mbakwe was moving slow....I didn't think so.
Buggs impressed me...a lot. He needs to put on muscle, but he has hops and looks quick.

Late in the game we were shooting 3's at 15% and we had 15 turnovers. Neither number is good. First time the second group was in resulted in a turnover-fest with Julian doing more than his share. In the second half, that second group couldn't finish from in close. Walker, Oto, Ingram, and Buggs all missed around the basket, some multiple times. Of course, Welch's failed breakaway dunk topped them all. Would have loved to heard the guys on the bench on that one.

So far, after two games I'm most heartened by Rodney. Andre and Austin have also played well. Coleman has scored a bunch and looks improved, but, as has been stated, doubtful he'll have the same success going to the basket against better teams. Was hoping Elliot would looked more advanced but haven't seen much of that so far. I think (hope) Trevor is just being cautious. A couple of times in both games I thought he looked explosive. Most of the time he just seems to be saving himself. I like Buggs. Tubby got the most animated tonight when Buggs deflected a ball and then reached out and knocked the ball off a guy's foot out of bounds. Really quick and really long reach on that play.

Looks like Trevor is pacing himself, which is OK with me. I like the way Tubby has used him. Get him in there for a few minutes in each half, let him get his feet wet again, but there's no need for Trevor to be in Beast mode at this point in time.

Buggs (a Paul Carter clone) is gonna' be a keeper. Not sure how many minutes he'll get when the competition picks up, but I get the feeling he and Mo are going to be crowd favorites.

Late in the game we were shooting 3's at 15% and we had 15 turnovers. Neither number is good. First time the second group was in resulted in a turnover-fest with Julian doing more than his share. In the second half, that second group couldn't finish from in close. Walker, Oto, Ingram, and Buggs all missed around the basket, some multiple times. Of course, Welch's failed breakaway dunk topped them all. Would have loved to heard the guys on the bench on that one.

So far, after two games I'm most heartened by Rodney. Andre and Austin have also played well. Coleman has scored a bunch and looks improved, but, as has been stated, doubtful he'll have the same success going to the basket against better teams. Was hoping Elliot would looked more advanced but haven't seen much of that so far. I think (hope) Trevor is just being cautious. A couple of times in both games I thought he looked explosive. Most of the time he just seems to be saving himself. I like Buggs. Tubby got the most animated tonight when Buggs deflected a ball and then reached out and knocked the ball off a guy's foot out of bounds. Really quick and really long reach on that play.

I didn't see it, but there was a failed breakaway dunk? Those drive me up the wall. Any college player should ALWAYS score when it is them alone with the basket.

I didn't see it, but there was a failed breakaway dunk? Those drive me up the wall. Any college player should ALWAYS score when it is them alone with the basket.

It was a 30 point lead and he was show boating. He cocked it back and tried to throw it down like he was in a dunk contest. Tubby laughed at him and told him to get back. It was funny. Not disappointing.

Austin has impressed me in these two games the most. He is going to be a handful for the opposition. I hope that he slashes alot this year and stays assertive.

I'm most excited about our new toy Buggs. Quincy Lewis was on the call tonight and he said that others have said that Buggs looks like a young Quincy. I've also heard a comparison to a young Willie Burton on this site. If he turns out to be a fraction of those two guys he'll have a great career. He is extremely long and it seems that Tubby is really hammering home his role as a defensive guy.

One other player of note in these two games has been Andre Ingram. His confidence is much better this year and has looked really solid... I wasn't expecting that.

I've also heard alot about Mo being this big tub of goo. He's a big boy, but he looks fine to me. He's no Oliver Miller or Dexter Pittman fatness-wise.

Who's looking the worst in these two exhibition games. No question... Otto Osenieks. Guy looks clueless out there. He better get comfortable sitting on that bench alongside Halvorson and Shell because I think he is in the same boat as those guys... good clappers and butt patters.

I would have liked to see this team concentrate on improving their half-court offense in the exhibition season. Everyone knows the Gophers can score in transition against D2 schools, but half-court execution has been the achilles heel. When the Gophers ran a half-court offense they simply ran the flex. Come B1G season we will have to be much improved as teams reduce our transition opportunities and force us to slow down and be efficient with the basketball.

We have a lot of athleticism, which is great, but now we need fundamental skills at the same level. The Gophers still looked sloppy in many facets and neither Coleman nor Williams can hit a shot from further than 15 feet out from the basket. We'll need perimeter shooters when Walker and Mbakwe are filling the post positions.

Same ole Gophers with the same distinctive flaws. Still a 5th or 6th place team in the B1G if they can't improve their half-court game.

Coleman and Williams were at a different level physically and athletically yesterday. Had those two played big minutes, they could have scored at will all game. Coleman didn't shoot outside or mid-range because he didn't need to. He was 5 for 6, and the only shot he missed was a pretty pull up mid-range jumper that was half way in before it popped back out. It definitely looked smooth, just didn't fall. To me, the team plays much better when he is on the floor because he can break down defenses. None of the other guards seemed all that willing to take the ball into the paint.

Who's looking the worst in these two exhibition games. No question... Otto Osenieks. Guy looks clueless out there. He better get comfortable sitting on that bench alongside Halvorson and Shell because I think he is in the same boat as those guys... good clappers and butt patters.

I think that's pushing it. Shell and Halvorson are walk-ons and pretty much never play except in situations like last night, big lead at the end of the game, let them play the last couple of minutes. Oto is a scholarship player, he plays before the game is absolutely out of reach for our opponent. He hasn't looked great so far, but to basically say that he will only see the court in the last two minutes of the game when we are up by 20 points is an exaggeration (which might have been what you were going for).

I would argue that Elliot looks worse than Oto.

Perhaps exaggerated a bit ... I'll put it this way... Oto is the third least effective player on this team.

As for Elliot, I would disagree with anyone that thinks that Elliot is going to have a significant offensive role on this team. Last night on the broadcast, the commentator (not Quincy) was talking about how Elliot needs to be solid from the free throw line this year because he's going to be there alot. I just don't think that they'll be expecting him to contribute much offensively. Defense is his strong suit and I think he's excellent at affecting that part of the game.

I had problems too, the game will be televised on BTN replay noon central Thursday. That is according to Comcast out of Atlanta. I would say that at least 25 to 30% of the time what it states as upcoming events is not what they actually show.

Top Bottom