Opening Weekend TV Slate

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
The Pac 12 Networks are included, even though I suspect not many folks around here have access via their cable or satellite provider. ESPN Full Court (PPV) and ESPN3 are not included.

Friday
4:30 p.m. -- Michigan State vs. UConn (ESPN)
6 p.m. -- Marquette vs. Ohio State (NBCSN)
6 p.m. -- Georgia State @ Duke (ESPNU)
6 p.m. -- Wofford @ Colorado (Pac 12 Networks)
7 p.m. -- Bryant @ Indiana (BTN)
7:30 p.m. -- Kentucky vs. Maryland (ESPN)
8 p.m. -- Florida vs. Georgetown (NBCSN)
8 p.m. -- Niagara @ Oregon State (Pac 12 Networks)
8 p.m. -- South Dakota State @ Alabama (ESPNU)
8 p.m. -- Willamette @ Utah (Pac 12 Networks)
10 p.m. -- Coppin State @ USC (Pac 12 Networks)
10 p.m. -- Indiana State @ UCLA (FCS/FSN and/or Pac 12 Networks)
10 p.m. -- San Francisco vs. Stanford (Pac 12 Networks)

Saturday
6:30 p.m. -- Central Arkansas @ Arizona State (Pac 12 Networks)
6:30 p.m. -- Eastern Washington @ Washington State (Pac 12 Networks)
6:30 p.m. -- Northern Arizona @ Oregon (Pac 12 Networks)

Sunday
1:30 p.m. -- FAU @ North Carolina (ESPNU)
3:30 p.m. -- Colgate @ Marquette (ESPNU)
5 p.m. -- Charleston Southern @ Arizona (Pac 12 Networks)
5:30 p.m. -- Duquesne @ Georgetown (ESPNU)
7 p.m. -- Loyola-Maryland @ Washington (Pac 12 Networks)
8:30 p.m. -- New Mexico State @ Oregon State (ESPNU)
9 p.m. -- Cal State-Bakersfield @ Cal (Pac 12 Networks)

The Pac 12 Networks are included, even though I suspect not many folks around here have access via their cable or satellite provider. ESPN Full Court (PPV) and ESPN3 are not included.

Friday

Saturday
6:30 p.m. -- Central Arkansas @ Arizona State (Pac 12 Networks)
6:30 p.m. -- Eastern Washington @ Washington State (Pac 12 Networks)
6:30 p.m. -- Northern Arizona @ Oregon (Pac 12 Networks)

Your information must be incorrect. 3 basketball games cannot be on the same network at the same time. 3 football games at the same time? Sure...but not basketball. That is according to the BTN. It's impossible to produce that way, even if BTN takes the lazy step of often having their commentators do the game remotely from Chicago.

I do hope that someday the BTN moves to putting more nonconference games on the actual network instead of BTN.com, etc. Can only watch "The Big Ten's Greatests" so many times before it gets sickening. Or at the very least, they should make an attempt to televise the game(s) that have a chance of being competitive (read: interesting).

Case in point opening night on Friday. Instead of watching IU beat Bryant's brains in by 40-50 points, I'd much rather see the Bucknell-Purdue game, a game that at least has some measure of intrigue. I know the Hoosiers are preseason #1 and everything, but do we really need to see them manhandle Bryant? The Gophers-American game would be a better choice, too, for that matter.

I do hope that someday the BTN moves to putting more nonconference games on the actual network instead of BTN.com, etc. Can only watch "The Big Ten's Greatests" so many times before it gets sickening. Or at the very least, they should make an attempt to televise the game(s) that have a chance of being competitive (read: interesting).

Case in point opening night on Friday. Instead of watching IU beat Bryant's brains in by 40-50 points, I'd much rather see the Bucknell-Purdue game, a game that at least has some measure of intrigue. I know the Hoosiers are preseason #1 and everything, but do we really need to see them manhandle Bryant? The Gophers-American game would be a better choice, too, for that matter.

100% correct SS.

As far as Charter Cable: Doesn't have Pac 12 Network yet...hope they do by the time of USC game, though I doubt it. I've posted some of my experiences with Charter in the past, and have since found out I was incorrectly informed. If you want to add a tier(it is pro-rated by the day) they try charge you 1.99 for the start-up fee. Tell them you won't pay the fee(when you order the tier) and most often the say okay...informed of this by one of the phone agents.

It has less to do with IU being #1 than the fact that their games draw better ratings. It's not recent, but I once saw a list of BTN's highest-rated basketball games and it was littered with IU games. Love them or hate them, they have great fans.

Yep, I understand that. Everything is about ratings, unfortunately. Doesn't matter if IU's playing a bunch of suck-wad nonconference opponents, those crappy games will be force-fed down our throats, including a lot of instances when a much more interesting game is available on the same night.

Updated Friday TV Slate (a couple added, Pac 12 Networks excluded)

Friday
4 p.m. -- Lehigh @ Baylor (FCSC)
4:30 p.m. -- Michigan State vs. UConn (ESPN)
6 p.m. -- Georgia State @ Duke (ESPNU)
6 p.m. -- Cal Poly @ TCU (FCSC)
6 p.m. -- Marquette vs. Ohio State (NBCSN)
7 p.m. -- Bryant @ Indiana (BTN)
7:30 p.m. -- Kentucky vs. Maryland (ESPN)
8 p.m. -- South Dakota State @ Alabama (ESPNU)
8 p.m. -- Prairie View A&M @ Texas Tech (FCSA)
8 p.m. -- UC-Davis @ Oklahoma State (FCSC)
8 p.m. -- Florida vs. Georgetown (NBCSN)
10 p.m. -- Indiana State @ UCLA (FSNorth and FCSP)

Top Bottom