Well that's disappointing

As sad as it is, we are lucky to have split. We easily could have lost last night.

We aren't as good right now as we think we are. Splitting series like this could come back to haunt us down the road.

Go Gophers!!

As sad as it is, we are lucky to have split. We easily could have lost last night.

We aren't as good right now as we think we are. Splitting series like this could come back to haunt us down the road.

Go Gophers!!

Completely agree. These guys got full of themselves after one week and apparently haven't come back down yet. Lots of underachieving from this team so far (which is funny to say while sitting at 5-2 for the season). Nevertheless, lethargic would be a kind way of describing this team recently.

We can not be dropping what should be easy points to Minnesota State if we expect to compete for the MacNaughton Cup in our last year in the WCHA. We are allowing way too many goals flat out, the only teams that have allowed more than us are ironically Michigan Tech and Minnesota State...

We are @Anchorage next weekend, if we don't get four from the Seawolves I'll be legitimately worried.

Maybe we're taking the North Dakota approach? Finding our way early and playing well late in the season. I hate doing anything resembling ND though!

Unfortunately, it appears this team overachieved last season. Nobody expected them to go to the frozen 4 last year at the beginnings of the season. This year it appears that they are playing to last year's expectations. Hoping they can prove me wrong.

I think/hope you're right. And fully agree with your last comment!

The defense looks totally lost, which is a problem because we returned every defender from last year. I think Reily has looked really bad back there, and am wondering why we keep using him so much with so many other options.

I saw flashes of hope this weekend when Mike Reilly joined the Offense up ice effectively, but it was countered by some pretty bad burns. He carried the puck up ice early in the game, got trapped and didn't know what to do, so he turned it over. Skjei is having some problems too. That move he made last night trying to throw the puck off the boards while he went around the defender was straight out of B Bantams. Fortunately, Wilcox bailed him out by making the save. They're young. Gotta give em a break, and give them some time to develop.

When Sam Warning gets back from injury, they'll drop Ben Marshall back to D.

We just can't seem to put together 60 minutes of hockey. The loss to MSU and the tie to Anchorage are going to haunt us come the end of the season. I'm afraid those points are going to cost is the Macnaughton Cup. If we are even in that discussion. We have a long ways to go.

So ridiculous for us to lose easy points to Anchorage. The only consolation is that CC and Denver haven't really played world beaters either thus far. We have a big series coming up in Colorado Springs, and need to take six versus Becky next weekend.

So ridiculous for us to lose easy points to Anchorage. The only consolation is that CC and Denver haven't really played world beaters either thus far. We have a big series coming up in Colorado Springs, and need to take six versus Becky next weekend.

Not trying to be a pain here, but just FYI, I think men's hockey still plays with 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, none for a loss, so we are looking for 4 against Becky. I know women's WCHA went to the 3-2-1-0 system a few year's back and I don't believe that men's has followed yet.

Not trying to be a pain here, but just FYI, I think men's hockey still plays with 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, none for a loss, so we are looking for 4 against Becky. I know women's WCHA went to the 3-2-1-0 system a few year's back and I don't believe that men's has followed yet.

Haha good catch, I've been stuck in a UEFA Champion's League mindset.

Haha good catch, I've been stuck in a UEFA Champion's League mindset.

Either way, I'd like to see a pair of wins against the Badgers. I got tickets for the Saturday night game, and if all my dreams come true, I can go into Mariucci hoping to watch the second half of a sweep while still on cloud nine from a dramatic upset by the football against Nebraska earlier that day.

Top Bottom