New seats at The Barn review

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It felt really strange going to new seats for the first time in many, many years.

We are very happy with our new seats. Definitely improved, love the site-lines and much easier access out after the game. The big drawback is not sitting by the friends that sat a row in front of us for years before, but we'll make up for it by meeting them for a bite to eat before games.

The new scoreboard and ribbon board in The Barn are dramatic improvements, as is the new sound system.

Go Gophers!!

The scoreboard and ribbon banner is a nice touch, I think it gives Williams a fresh look and a new feel. I'm most excited about the sound system, the previous system was a total joke.

Very happy with my new seats. Same section (120) and I only moved up two rows. But we now have seat backs. I can now see entire new awesome scoreboard. And somehow the view seems a lot better. Had a great group of people I was sitting around last several years and that is a loss. But overall, and I never thought I would say this, I wish they had done this earlier. My extra $100 per seat is well worth it. Again, never thought I'd say it....

Loved both, the new seats and the scoreboard (which I was skeptical about). The team looked pretty good, too.

Scoreboard is good, ribbon boards I'm not sure on yet... tons of advertisements and I'm thinking they'll continue with mostly ads throughout the season. The all white Caribou ad was especially distracting.

Sound system seemed to be a gigantic upgrade.

Completely forgot to look at the towels they put out for the visiting team... last season they were ugly, beat up rags that looked like my towels in college. Hopefully they didn't upgrade 'em.

will the new sound system make Dick J's constant bouts with phlegm even more enjoyable?

The scoreboards are awfully bright - only a couple notches below alien abduction intensity - but I'm not complaining. I really appreciate them. I don't know if this is the way it's going to be the whole season, but there were no advertisements on the big board, and I don't remember any gay contests during timeouts. The pep band was present and allowed to do their thing. It felt very collegiate!!

They could turn the sound down from 11 to 10, but the audio is a huge leap from past years. The sound and the new board make the place feel more modern.

We upgraded to seatbacks, and I'm high on life as a result. The $250 stings a little, and I'm still weighing whether it's worth the cost, but with the money out the door and out of sight, I'm glad we did it. It'll take some time to get used to the new vantage point, but everything about our new location is superior.

I did get my refund for the game that won't be played. Called on Wednesday. Money in bank account on Thursday.

i like my new seats- but I went from $250 donation in the corner to $400 at about the free throw line- big upgrade. I think I am in the middle of mostly corporate seats though. about 8 seats in a row in the row ahead of me , 4 to my right, 2 to my left were empty all night. Granted it is exhibition but would assume a personal ticket buyer would be curious enough to come see the new view. The lady behind me was upset about having to move from all of the friends she had made with seat members (Timberwolves term) around her over the years.
I had forgotten about the new sound system until I heard it last night. Very noticeable upgrade.

The scoreboards are awfully bright - only a couple notches below alien abduction intensity - but I'm not complaining. I really appreciate them. I don't know if this is the way it's going to be the whole season, but there were no advertisements on the big board, and I don't remember any gay contests during timeouts. The pep band was present and allowed to do their thing. It felt very collegiate!!

They could turn the sound down from 11 to 10, but the audio is a huge leap from past years. The sound and the new board make the place feel more modern.

We upgraded to seatbacks, and I'm high on life as a result. The $250 stings a little, and I'm still weighing whether it's worth the cost, but with the money out the door and out of sight, I'm glad we did it. It'll take some time to get used to the new vantage point, but everything about our new location is superior.

So, is that like a contest to see who is most homosexual?

It felt really strange going to new seats for the first time in many, many years.

We are very happy with our new seats. Definitely improved, love the site-lines and much easier access out after the game. The big drawback is not sitting by the friends that sat a row in front of us for years before, but we'll make up for it by meeting them for a bite to eat before games.

The new scoreboard and ribbon board in The Barn are dramatic improvements, as is the new sound system.

Go Gophers!!

I'm looking forward to the new seats but I'm going to miss my old friends. We watched an awful lot of bad basketball together over the years.

Missus J. had to help an orthopedic surgeon put his kids through college this week so I don't think I'll be able to try out the new location until those dreaded Toledo bastards come to town.

Top Bottom